Clear all

Can't You See? - Marshall Tucker Band

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

For you beginners out there, you hear instructors always say to learn these 3 or 4 chords and they could rattle off 100 songs that all's they are are these chords. This is one of those songs.

I know this pre-dates many of you, so a supplied YouTube link is in order. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEOV5vWfSgI Some of you more astute newer folk will be quick to point out that that is a full band and you are but one person on an accoustic. No worries. Just kind of get the flow and strum to the song. You'll end up with a nice single guitar arrangement.

I was gonna dedicate this to some of my GN friends around here, but why open THAT scar.

Anyhow, Can't You See:
Can't You See
by Marshall Tucker Band

Intro: D, C, G, D

Verse 1

[D]I'm gonna take a freight train,
[C]Down at the station
[G]I don't care where it [D]goes
[D]Gonna climb me a mountain,
[C]The highest mountain, Lord,
[G]Gonna jump off, nobody gonna [D]know

CHORUS:

[D]Can't you see, [C]can't you see, [G]what that woman, she been [D] doin' to me
[D]Can't you see, [C]can't you see, [G]what that woman been [D]doin' to me

Verse 2
[D]I'm gonna find me
[C]A hole in the wall
[G]gonna crawl inside and [D]die
[C]That lady, mean ol' woman Lord
[G]Never told me good [D] bye

CHORUS

Verse 3
[D]Gonna buy me a ticket now,
[C]As far as I can,
[G]Ain't never comin' [D]back
[C]Take me Southbound, All the way to Georgia now,
[G]Till the train run out of [D]track

CHORUS repeat 5x's

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

This is great Roy,

Just perfect for the ESD and you're right it does make a great acoustic song. Just been watching the youtube link you gave us and one on the same site of three guys doing a great acoustic cover of it Here's a link http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wph_bI10eVk

Thanks again Roy,

I'll be trying this one out for sure, may even take it out to the open mic next time.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@cwabbott68)

Great song! And one that I play in my solo acoustic set. I have a friend that fills in with his harmonica from time to time too. This is a great song to put some attitude into also, both playing and singing. You will feel where to put the emphasis.

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Yes, great song. Added to collection. I'm like a kid in a candy store with this ESD. :D

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

There's quite a collection going. Hard to stay focussed.

I just submitted Fire On The Mountain. Another easy song. All open chords unless you wanna do differently. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote