Clear all

Drive (accoustic) :: Incubus

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@devikta)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Here you go. This is currently my favorite tune to play. Grab you're accoustic, sit down and get comfortable, and really put some rythm into it... you'll love yourself for it. I'm just going to tab out the licks, and you can put them together yourselves while listening to the tune.

**This is just a coninuous loop that's played through the verses. It doesn't represent every single muted note that's played, but just listening and playing along with the song to get the phrasing right will give you that**

Verse
E||----------------0--0--0------------------------0---0---0------------0-----------
b||----------------8--8--8----------7-------------5---5---5------------0-----------
g||----------------x--x--x----------7-------------4---4---4------------2-----------
d||----------------9--x--9------------------------5---x---5------------2-----------
a||----------7-----7--x--7-----7-------5---3------3---x---3-------0----------------
E||------0-------------------------------------------------------------------3-(3)-

When you feed into the chorus just play straight from the Asus2 back to the C7th. Don't play the G note on the 6th string.

Once again, in efforts to reduce typing, I'm not tabbing out the phrasing exactly, and you should listen to the tune to get the strumming and rythm ironed out.

Chorus x4
||----0--------0------0------0---------------------------------------------------
||----5--------2------2p0h2--2p0h2-----------------------------------------------
||----4--------0------0------0---------------------------------------------------
||----5--------2------2------2---------------------------------------------------
||----3--------0------0------0---------------------------------------------------
||---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to go home and learn the solo tonight, so I should be able to append that to this as well. Also, I just noticed there's a little two note fill that goes on during the last two verses that isn't in here.

If anyone knows Pardon Me, let me know. That's another Incubus song I'm attempting at the moment. I have the intro and the root notes for the verse, but I'm still not sure on the filler stuff.

Schecter C1 Plus
Bridge - EMG 81
Neck - EMG 89 Single

(@devikta)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Okay okay... I didn't learn the solo, but I did figure out the rest of Pardon Me (acoustic). Incubus owns my acoustic....

Anyway, I think I made some mistakes on this tab out for the chorus... the CD version swings back and forth from the C7th and the Aflat7th doing the little hammer on thing to keep the tempo....

However, the way I'm playing it to the acoustic version of the song progresses as such:

C7th to Aflat7th (with the little hammer on diddy) to a Csus2 to a barred A maj. When I'm playing along to the acoustic version, this sounds right. You be the judge though.

Here's the tab:

C7th--Aflat7th(Hammer on)-Csus2---A Maj Barre

E||--0-----0--0---------0-------3------5-----------
b||--5-----2--0h2p0-----0h2p0---3------5-----------
g||--4-----0--0---------0-------0------6-----------
d||--5-----2--2---------2-------2------7-----------
a||--3-----0--0---------0-------3------7-----------
E||------------------------------------5-----------

Schecter C1 Plus
Bridge - EMG 81
Neck - EMG 89 Single

ReplyQuote