How does the search work or does it?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I was looking for the Sunshine of your love tab that Wes Inman posted awhile ago but when I use the search I get weird resulots none of which even match what I'm looking for. I know that some tabs were lost awhile ago, and it may not be up anymore but the search function still doesn't seem like it works correctly. What is it actually searching on the author name, the song title?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

(@bennett)
Reputable Member

I think the quick search at the top right of each forum just does an "OR" search on content.

I often have to go to the advanced search at the top of the page to get the results I'm looking for.

One of the mod's will be able to enlighten us no doubt. :)

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I went to the Search option at the top of the page, tried keyword "sunshine", searched only the Easy Songs forum, and got some results, but not the song you're looking for. (don't know why, usually just searching for a key word works) Then I tried searching by author, entered Wes Inman, searched only the Easy Songs forum again, and came up with three pages of results, and Sunshine of Your Love was on page one:
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=8772&highlight=

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys, I was using the search on the right corner.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote