5 Users
0 Likes
(@swifty)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Nothing Else Matters:

I was playing this song in the chords

Em.........D..............C.......

three times in a row, and then the music sheet I have says to go a G, then H, and then Em again. I far as I can tell there is no H chord. Does anyone know what this cord should be. Any help would be great.

hh83
(@hh83)
Trusted Member

H=B:D

Never call a shovel "an ingenious hole-digging instrument"

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

Oh yea! It's a "B". You got this tab from Europe. Someone explained it to me a long time ago but I forget the what he said?

BJ

ReplyQuote
(@cubone)
Trusted Member

Here in sweden they teach us that the chord is called H and not B. I dont know why though, I cant seem to make any sense of it.

English is not my first language so I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

The reason (if anyone cares) has to do with the Bb and how strange it could look if placed improperly or something. I believe it started with Bach, but couldn't swear to that, but I did get it in a music lesson a long while back.

IIRC H=B and B=Bb (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I also thought that changed about 10 or 15 years ago. Since I dont live in Europe, I couldn't promise that.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote