Clear all

Radiohead - Morning Bell

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ronaldh)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Simple and nice song... for beginners: the Amaj7 is not that well-known, but as most of you know the D7, it is just the same one fret up. The G#m may be hard for very beginners, but it is a good practice to try to slide from the Em into the G#m by fretting the Em with the middle and the ring finger.

Morning Bell
Radiohead - Amnesiac (2001)

Am,x02210
Amaj7,x02120
G,320033
D,xx0232
Em,022000
G#m,466444
A,x02220

Verse One
The m[Am]orning b[Amaj7]ell, the m[Am]orning b[Amaj7]ell, l[Am]ight another c[Amaj7]andle and
Rel[G]ease m[D]e, rel[G]ease m[D]e

Verse Two
Y[Am]ou can keep the f[Amaj7]urniture, a b[Am]ump on the h[Amaj7]ead, h[Am]owling down the ch[Amaj7]imney
Rel[G]ease m[D]e, rel[G]ease m[D]e, pl[Am]ease [Amaj7][Am][Amaj7][Am][Amaj7]
Rel[G]ease m[D]e, rel[G]ease m[D]e

Verse Three
Wh[Am]ere'd you park the c[Amaj7]ar, wh[Am]ere'd you park the c[Amaj7]ar
Cl[Am]othes are [Amaj7]on the lawn with the f[Am]urnit[Amaj7]ure
Now I m[Am]ight as w[Amaj7]ell, I m[Am]ight as w[Amaj7]ell:
Sl[Am]eepy jack the f[Amaj7]ire drill, r[Am]ound and round and r[Amaj7]ound and round and r[G]ound[D][G][D]

Out-Chorus
Cut the kids in h[G#m]alf, cut the kids in h[G#m]alf, cut the kids in h[G#m]alf [D][A][D][A]

Outro
[Am][Amaj7][Am][Amaj7][Am][Amaj7][G][D][G][D]

EasyChord - Free Chord Dictonary - http://www.subjectmusic.com/easychord/
ScaleTool - Free Scale Generator - http://www.scaletool.com

(@jonny-guitar)
Trusted Member

Thanks, man, that's sweet. It would be sweet if you could post anymore...especially any off of Kid A or Amnesiac.

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

Other ones that are good to try off of Kid A and Amnesiac are:

The Nat Anth (Bass line) :D

Knives Out (Chords or arpeggios. They're a little tricky but in the end very simple, and are good practice for changing hand position into some unusual positions as well as some simple ones)

I Might Be Wrong (The riff is obciously of particular interest, but there are a few tabs floating around, so make sure you find a good one)

Like Spinning Plates (It has been tabbed on guitar and from the looks of it I imagine the song was originally written on guitar then moved to piano)

Motion Picture Soundtrack (acoustic version - very very easy)

Hunting Bears (I enjoy playing this riff alot, provides room for improvisation and effects)

Check Ultimate Guitar for any of the tabs...

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote