Clear all

The best of my love

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@crash1117)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Can any one help me with the strum pattern for " the best of my love" by the eagles ?

(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Hi crash1117,

I use DDDU DDDU DDDDUD as far as I can gauge it.

I'm not that good with transposing them to paper I'm afraid as they tend to just happen to me from listening to the song and then playing along with it.

Anyway hope this helps,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@crash1117)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Chris, Did you figure out the chords too. I think the first is a C but I figure out the second.
Crash

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Hi Crash,

I posted the chords to this song on this forum, its currently on page 5 if its any help to you. I had trouble as you'll read when editing the post to get the chords over the right lyrics but I corrected it and its pretty close now.

Yes, use C for DDDU DDDU and then use Dm for DDDDUD.

I tend use Dm7 instead of Dm as its easer to fret for me and I think it sounds more authentic.

Once you get the pattern I can assure you that the rest of the song will just fall into place.

Hope you get on well with this and enjoy this truely great ballad.

Best regards

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

hey I played it alongside the cd and to me the pattern is

beat 1:Du
beat 2:Du
beat 3:u
beat 4:du

or maybe du du ud (there is not so much difference)

in any case I accent the second upstrum

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@newlyded1)

I haven't got it all down yet, and this is just what I've gleemed from other tabs, except for the strum pattern. For that I found DDUUD sounds best to me. Also, the 2nd chord, to me, sounds better like: x03210 (not sure what it'd be called).

For a bit of flavor the first down strum (this if for the first two chords), do a hammer-on. It's actually pretty easy.

Example, for C: x30000 --> x32010

Chord 2: x03000 --> x03210

I sure hope that makes sense!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I actually play it DUDU_UDU
On the first down strum play 330000 and then all other strums in that bar are 332010
Same thing with the Fmaj7 XX3000 on the down strum to XX3210 on the upstrum.
Or you can play it DDU_UDU if you hammer on the 2 strings after the first down strum.

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

I actually play it DUDU_UDU
On the first down strum play 330000 and then all other strums in that bar are 332010
Same thing with the Fmaj7 XX3000 on the down strum to XX3210 on the upstrum.
Or you can play it DDU_UDU if you hammer on the 2 strings after the first down strum.

Hi mate

so we're basically playin the same pattern! This great because to see that I play the song the same way of an experienced musician like you make me think I'm on the right way

Cheers

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I am far from what I would call experienced but I can play this song and the chord voicings and pattern are directly from a book with that song in it.
"Acoustic Guitar Play-along" from Hal Leonard.
Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

ReplyQuote