Clear all

Used to love her Guns N Roses

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jase36)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

A realy easy song to play for beginners. Best not play this one if youve just fallen out with a loved one.

I went to see a Guns n Roses tribute band a while back and thought how easy it would be for beginners to play a strummy version on acoustic of "used to love her". Having checked out the chords it looks realy simple, just three chords D major, A major and G major. I cant remember where I read it but I think I read the tuning used is actually Eb, so to play along to the recording you may need to tune your guitar down (use your usual open shapes), sounds fine in standard tuning. I'm not going to include any solos you can just strumchords over those parts.I thought I'd put this up for beginners who have the three chords under there belt and maybe need a little variety on normal first songs. The song is around the 130 bpm mark so if nothing else its good practice for chord changes. All four verses follow the same progression so ive only put the tab in for verse 1, so same progression just different words for verse 2,3 and 4. Ill put the chords to play instead of the instrumentals at another time (im not sure what progression they follow)

For strumming listen to the begining of the version on the lies cd (download available on I tunes) it starts up with an acoustic (after all the curses)

Hopefully no one is offended by the lyrics I'm sure its meant to be tongue in cheeck.

Any mistakes please feel free to correct.

intro D A G A x2

Verse 1

D A G A
I used to Love her but I had to Kill her

D A G A
I used to Love her but I had to Kill her

G A G A G A D
I had to put her, six feet under and I can still hear her complain

D

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

(@matteo)
Honorable Member

Thanks mate, just to add something to your post for the strum just go with d/du/u/d or slight variations of it and you'll be fine.

cheers

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Jase36

Thanks for the song, my band plays this one and it is always fun. Your version is correct. :D
Hopefully no one is offended by the lyrics I'm sure its meant to be tongue in cheeck

When I first heard this song, I thought he was singing about a girl or his wife, but heard later he was singing about his dog! :D

Thanks again, great song.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

That's really interesting, Wes. I used to think its about a man sick of his wife/gf.

Good work there, jase36.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Ive always loved this song too. Never heard the dog story before. What a simple song to play too, love it.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Ive always loved this song too. Never heard the dog story before. What a simple song to play too, love it.

Jim

You better steer clear from this kind of music for a bit, right? Isn't May the big month?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Jim

You better steer clear from this kind of music for a bit, right? Isn't May the big month?

Man, you guys have good memories. But we are slickery.. we did it early. I just didnt mention it. We were married March 8. We still going on our honeymoon May 3rd though.

LOL

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That's funny. I don't remember you being grumpy or suicidal in March. :lol: :lol: JUST KIDDING!!!

Congrats man! My best wishes to both of yooze.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote