Notifications
Clear all

"WHO'LL STOP THE RAIN" - Creedence

21 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

just a small addiction I play it with a syncopated pattern D/du/u/du which sounds fine to my ears

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Can I ask a question like a really stupid one ?

How do you play BM ?

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

ehm what do you mean? what's BM?

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

A wild guess would be that BM refers to the minor variant of B chord - (often Bm or simply b...) ;)

As for playing it:

Am shape with barre on second fret x24432
Em shape with barre on 7 th fret 799777

Are the most common I'd say

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
 MCH
(@mch)
Trusted Member

I thought of a question after I sent the last note. Have you ever seen the rain uses a run " F, G, C, C/am(?), am, Am/G, G" is there an easy way to do the Am/G cord? I have troubel with the little finger fretting this. I just end up hitting the g note on the 6th string and then the cord.

Am/G
1-----------------
2---1------------
3------2---------
4------2---------
5-----------------
6---------3------

Much easier version is use the A7 configuration; index on second string first fret, middle finger on fourth string second fret, that leaves your ring finger for the sixth string 3 fret (much easier). Instead of 2 A's in the chord you are getting 2 G's. No biggie.

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I thought of a question after I sent the last note. Have you ever seen the rain uses a run " F, G, C, C/am(?), am, Am/G, G" is there an easy way to do the Am/G cord? I have troubel with the little finger fretting this. I just end up hitting the g note on the 6th string and then the cord.

Am/G
1-----------------
2---1------------
3------2---------
4------2---------
5-----------------
6---------3------

Much easier version is use the A7 configuration; index on second string first fret, middle finger on fourth string second fret, that leaves your ring finger for the sixth string 3 fret (much easier). Instead of 2 A's in the chord you are getting 2 G's. No biggie.

Chords from the offical CCR Guitar Anthology Series is G, C, Em, D, Am & Bm - all of which are standard voicings, however, in an attempt to cover multiple guitar parts I have E minor with a "little 'g'" on the intro and outro... that's "g" on the "high" E string also known as string # 1. I also have the C chord with the added "G" on the 6th string. And "F" is not in the song nor in the Key of G, which is G, Am, Bm, C, D, Em & F# diminished.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2