Clear all

Digital radio

15 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

sorry, not a freebie as such ...........was just wondering, what do GN members listen to while on-line?

I always listen to planet rock -

http://www.planetrock.com

It's free and plays the best classic rock from the early 60's to now..........

Anyone knows a better radio station, I'd love to hear about it...........

Currently listening to Tom Petty - Refugee with the Clash and Hendrix up next......................

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@jbehar)
Trusted Member

Usually have a CD playing somewhere in the house. What is playing depends on who got to the streo first...I hate when my wife gets there first because we have to listen to a musical soundtrack before we get on to something else...

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I usually listen to a CD or whatever MP3's I have on my computer. I'm checking out Planet Rock right now. Pink Floyd is playing. I might like this station, thanks Vic. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ibnzmusician)
Eminent Member

I used to listen to Launch!, but then they kept telling me that I've overused their limit or something... now I just go on PromoSquad. It's not really a radio, and you have no choice of what you listen to and you have to rate stuff, but there are freebies :D. If you wanna check it out, click the link (it's a referral link).

PromoSquad

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

I listen to SomaFM a lot. I listen mostly to "Indy Pop Rocks" when I want to hear something new. "Secret Agent" can make for interesting backgroung music, and you can jam to it if you can figure out the key fast enough (or just play out of key, like me).
I also listen to a local station that has poor aerial reception at my house: WMBR. They have a varied schedule, but play great indy pop in the morning (8am-10am est weekdays) followed by 2 hours of new hard stuff and punk. At noon they play 2 hours of rare (usually) 50's and 60's rock. They have a great show that has a general focus on roots and blues rock on Fridays from 4pm to 6pm est. There is more roots stuff on Saturday mornings. They play a lot of good stuff you probably haven't heard yet, and may never hear again.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I usually listen to music by other GN members, either tracks they send me or live through a link up, on rare occasions I play for other members too. I will also listen to tracks by bands I never heard of before that people send me, I have found some great bands that way. And of course the good old cd collection.

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

Im ashamed to say it, but im currently listening to All saints. I hate myself for loving their funky beats.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Im ashamed to say it, but im currently listening to All saints. I hate myself for loving their funky beats.

OMG you need Tool and a UK GN seminar (<shamless I know) get you on the right track (<total pun - hahah)

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

UK GN seminar sounds good but lifes a little too busy right now. Ive got a feeling your not going to like this, but who are tool? They sound like they rock, shame its been some time since I did. Got Damien Rice on now, is that ok?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

LOL

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

OMG he's never heard of Tool Pet - another member you have to try to convert!!!!

Er - who are they again.......

:wink:

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Just you wait Vic Lewis, just you wait........

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

No I don't get paid for plugging Planetrock - but you may like to know they are giving a bucket-load of concert tickets away at the moment for British gigs by bands such as Yes and Heart.........have a listen..........even if you don't win you'll hear some great classic rock.....

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

My choices are-

For Internet Radio- Aural Moon. It's all progressive rock- classic stuff like Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, more current stuff like Spock's beard and the Flower Kings, even international stuff from Germany, Italy , and elsewhere. Check it out if your'e into that genre.

On Sirius Satellite (which I get by virtue of having Dish Network)- Jam On Channel 17, all jambands

ON XM Satellite (which I have -n my car)- Deep Tracks XM 40, (classic rock, but cvuts you don't hear on the so-called "Classic Rock" stations on FM), and XM Music Lab, XM50- Progressive and jambands!

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Sounds good to me - have to try it 'em out - thanks, Mike....

:D :D :D

ReplyQuote