Clear all

Free stuff on my web page

74 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
31.8 K Views
(@jailhouserock)
Trusted Member

Your site is simple and super cool!! I like it.
Thanks for providing such a cool stuff.

Hum..

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks. Just trying to put the things that helped me in one place for others to use.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@jubby)
Trusted Member

I like your site. that link to the fretboard warrior has helped me a lot on memorization. keep up the good work

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I like your site. that link to the fretboard warrior has helped me a lot on memorization. keep up the good work
Thanks. I like the fretboard warrior myself. It helps pass time during long conference calls in work.

Any suggestions for what to add, remove or improve would be greatly appreciated.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

NOTICE:

I just wanted to let anyone who might be using anything off of my web site that I will be taking it down in a day or two so download what you need.

Since I put it up I have received a lot of good comments, input and recommendations but over the last 3 weeks to a month I have received some pretty nasty comments (so much for asking for feedback :lol: ) and based on them it is not worth the time or effort.

Just to give you a flavor for the comments they were things like:

Very amateurish
Of questionable or no value
Poor attempt at strumming advice
Low quality clips

And these were the constructive ones. You should have heard the others. Oh yeah, you might get a kick out of this one "you should keep quiet on GN". Actually got that one twice. Once about my sense of humor and the other about the value of my replies.

And no, I really don't take these things seriously since I think it may be only one or two people (same spelling errors). They are just not worth listening to and just indicate to me that maybe I can put the time it takes to maintain the site to more productive use like my own playing.

Thanks for all the positive feedback I have received.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I think your web site is very cool, lots more than a slacker like myself would do :lol: This is a very cool thing you have done for all of us at GN, I would hate to see one or two IDIOTS :evil: ruin it for you( and us) we all know you have put in lots of time into this and I doubt any one at GN would give you any bad feedback on your site, at least not any one who MATTERS. You are a good man and we all appreciate everything you have done for us here.--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 TimL
(@timl)
Eminent Member

NOTICE:

I just wanted to let anyone who might be using anything off of my web site that I will be taking it down in a day or two so download what you need.

It's a shame people don't see it for what it is, a FREE resource that someone has taken the time to compile for anyone who wants it. I haven't personally thanked you for it, even though I've referred to it numerous times as well as referred others to it...so thank you.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really do appreciate it. Actually I even appreciate the negative feedback because it helps me improve things and I am always looking for ways to improve.

Smokindog.. I have not had GRITS for a long time. The amount of butter I had to use drove up my cholesterol to almost 200 :lol:

My guess is I just irritated someone either on here or some other site which I know I can do (ask any of my X's HaHa) but it was just beginning to get on my nerves.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Sorry to hear that Nils. I've used the site several times, and I enjoyed it.

As to constructive comments: Yes, it's a bit amatuerish, but who cares? Are you a professional web designer? Probably not. Is everything easy to find? Yes. Good enough, and better than a TON of other sites I've been to.

Unfortunatly there's one in every crowd. I dont run a site anymore for the same reason that you're shutting yours down. I was tired of the people who had nothing better to do coming in and ripping something apart that they couldn't do if they tried.

I think some people dont care that they get their jollies by hurting people or being destructive. It's very juvenile, but eventually it'll happen to them and they'll end up crying the most about it all.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks gunslinger. It sounds like you know why it was annoying me so much. I don't profess to be any kind of web wizard but it was fun putting it together and hey, it works and most of the time does not break.

Like you said it is a shame that so few can cause so much frustration for so many. After I posted this notice I went for a beer because I was a little annoyed at myself thinking that what I was doing about the site was so petty. I guess if they were just attacking my web design I would not have cared but saying the content was worthless was really bugging me.

Thanks again and thanks to everyone who has sent feedback in on the site.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

First off, I have gone to your site and really like it. There IS helpful information there and people can gain by it.

Second, take out the suggestion thing. And if you really want to piss them off, keep the site up! :wink: If Nick or any other mod felt the need to say something about your humor, they would ALL be MAN enough to say it with knowing who it was coming from. Enough said!

I understand what you are going through though, one or two pee-on's that have nothing else better to do than make someone else feel un-helpful or useless is a common problem in this world BUT!, come to think of it, what type of pitiful life do you think they live!!! :wink:

Please, keep the web up. It would be a shame to see all that great info wiped out of one spot. Really, take out the suggestion thing and problem solved. As a player yourself, I know you will add helpful things in the future as you come across them.

Have fun and keep postin'!

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

I was dismayed to read about the incredibly poor and tasteless treatment that you have received from some regarding your website. I have visited it several times looking for useful reference material and I've never been disappointed. I should have given you some sort of feedback long before this, I guess this finally stirred me into action. I don't usually have much to say, but pettiness for just pettiness's sake just plain pisses me off. You know the old saying "Those that can - do, those that can't - bitch about it."

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

It's a shame Nils, I thought your site had some useful info. It's a shame to see it go and moreso the treatment you received.

But I agree with Tracker. Taking it down only serves the nay-sayers, as does a 'Suggestion Box'. I certainly understand your reasoning (been there) but don't let the useless comments of those hiding behind an internet connection take away your fun.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

No one is competing with guitarnoise. It is what it is.

Look at it like you play a cover at your house and I play one at mine.

Music is for sharing.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

OK, I got the message and I appreciate it.

And since Tracker provided some good advice and everyone seconded it I have removed the "feedback" section/option. If anyone has feedback either positive (that always feels good) or negative (I would appreciate recommendations for improvement). If it is done here then I will know it is honest and I will do my best to follow the advice.

So, I will leave it up for awhile and if anyone does have any thoughts on what can be added, removed or improved please let me know here.

This site was always meant to be a repository of tools and information to help myself and others and was never meant to be "competition" for GN. As a matter of fact a good bit of what is on there was from Nick's recommendations or from frequently asked questions.

Thanks

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5