Clear all

Ibanez guitar giveaway

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ibanez is having a contest - upload a video of you playing a tune by one of the Mayhem Fest bands, and you could win a guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/group/mayhemguitar2010

(And if you don't want to enter, check out the video of one of my students - she's sk8ergurl in the contest... if you like it, vote for her!)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

She seems a serious candidate to win the contest!

How can I vote for her? Just clicking "I love it"?

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm not exactly sure about that, Nuno - when I click on "I love it" something goes wrong. But I'll get ahold of her and find out!

And yeah, she's pretty serious. She'a also an excellent drummer, and making progress at piano.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yep, you just click on "I love it".

And a quick update - as of today, she's the front-runner... and she's the feature video on the concert's main website: http://www.rockstarmayhemfest.com/mayhem/index.asp

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

She uploaded another video! I think it is even better than the first one. And she has the first and second places!

She has my votes!

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

She told me last week that she'd been doing a video a day, each one of a different song. But after a week of that, she held four of the top 10 places... so they changed the rules to allow only one video per contestant.

She's still in first place, and slowly pulling away from the pack :)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I was reviewing the contest site on weekend. I saw she is in the first place but I was not able to find her other video (I knew about at least two). I was also watching some videos in her channel. Really good player. She is very young, she can improve a lot. She can go very high if she keeps playing...

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

What happened to sk8ergurl? She changed the video but now she is the 11th!

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

They keep changing the rules on her.

Initially, you could submit as many as you wanted - so she was uploading one a day. But after a week, she held four of the top ten spots... so they changed it to one per person. She left the one that was the top vote getter and removed the others.

As she started pulling away from the pack, they decided the suggested time for videos (about 3 minutes) would be a hard limit - which meant at 3:49 hers was ineligible. So she replaced it with the current one, and started over. Within days she was back into 2nd place and gaining on the leader.

This week she told me some of the other contestants are telling all their friends on line to vote against her, and that's pulling down her ranking. I guess if they can't win by being the best, that's the only way left to improve their ranking.

She's pretty much resigned to whatever happens, happens. Besides, she's trying to stay focused on her current goal: she's competing in the AAU Jr. Olympics at the end of this month (in taekwondo).

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Besides, she's trying to stay focused on her current goal: she's competing in the AAU Jr. Olympics at the end of this month (in taekwondo).
Taekwondo! What a girl! LOL!

I like the people that can do several things in different scopes. Cool. My congrats to her.

She plays guitar very well. I also watched the other videos. It is normal that the others consider her as a common enemy.

ReplyQuote