Clear all

Powertab

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@darkside23)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi i'm new to the board. thought this program may be useful...
It FREE!!!

http://www.power-tab.net/downloads.php

when you have the program go here to find the tabs

http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=search

beware the Power of the Stratocaster, for once you start down the Fender Path, forever will it dominate your destiny

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Darkside,

If you like Power-tab, have you tried GuitarPro4. To me it's slightly better than Powertabs.

You can download a demo at mysongbook.com and there are thousands of tabs that you can play. I like th egraphics better(pretty colors) plus I think you have more control.

I personally only use to practice with, I don't tab with it, but try it I think you'll like it.

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@darkside23)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

cnev

I've heard of Guitar Pro 4 but the fact that you have to pay for it made me get power tab instead... maybe i'll give the demo a try..

I guess i posted this in the wrong place as it was moved, and i should have checked the other posts as the sticky in here has the link for power tab already...... Oh Well Live and Learn, i am a newbie after all! :lol:

beware the Power of the Stratocaster, for once you start down the Fender Path, forever will it dominate your destiny

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Darkside,

Don't let it worry you. GN is a friendly place and you'll always get good advice (mixed in with a few less than serious replies).

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the madhouse. :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Darkside,

The demo is fully functional the only real thing you can't do with the demo is print out the tab which kind sucks cuz I really like it.

Once your trial period runs out on the demo everytime you open it you'll get a pop-up but you can go through it so the demo continues to work.

Definitely give it a try.

I find the tabs on Powertab and GuitarPro tend to be better in general than tab you find on most internet sites, but they are all not perfect.

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@darkside23)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

some of the tabs in powertab and i assume guitar pro are copied from magazines and books, other are the user's own interpetation of the song. still they are handy things to have... for reference :wink:

i got guitar pro and it seems pretty good.. thanks for the suggestion.

ReplyQuote