Clear all

The first GuitarNoise Gear Giveaway

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Go check out my review of the shadowstand on the front page.

Read it and at the bottom it tells you how to enter your name in a drawing to win a free very cool guitar stand.

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Way cool stands! I want one! Gotta think of something to recomend for the site. Hmm.......

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@marcos)

Thanks for that dntalb.
Well, I suppose I just had to pop in and say howdy.
You see I'm the fella who designed the ShadowStand and I also wanted to thank Nick publicly for including such kind words about its design in his review.... Thanks Nick, I appreciate that.
For those of you that clicked on the link in the review, you may have noticed the ShadowStand was chosen to be displayed in a museum based on its design properties, well, with that in mind a few other quite notable places will be featuring it also - but it's a bit premature to release that news just yet - but be assured I'll let you know... I hope you can appreciate that I get a bit excited about such things.
I'm looking forward to hanging out at GuitarNoise in general and getting to know some of you... This seems quite the respectable forum.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Welcome Marcos!  I read the review and it seems like a good stand.  But I do have two questions.  When you put the guitar in the stand does a lever close to secure the guitar?  Also, is the stand all one piece or do you put it together in pieces?  It will make difference if I purchase them or not.

That's great you have designed such a thing.  You must be a guitar player yourself!

Yea, GN is a fabulous site for guitar info without all the bs you get elsewhere.  That's why we 3,000+ have registered here.

Dennis   ;D

(I previously typed about a full page post but somehow my home computer freaks when I hit the CTRL or SHIFT keys.  Oh well, saved you from reading my diatribe.   ;) )

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@marcos)

Hi Dennis,
Yes, I'm a guitar player, have been for over forty years... That scares me everytime I think about it.
No, nothing closes over the neck of the guitar, the headstock of the guitar just sinks into the padded leather yoke a bit and it's not going anywhere... You can get a better idea of what I'm talking about in the close-up shot of the Les Paul that's included on the website.
The stand is a single piece of steel... That was a primary intent for the design, for  its durability. Glad you like the look, thanks.
marcos

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

So...its been a while...who actually won??
Is there a place where you'd be able to see the winners?

ReplyQuote