Notifications
Clear all

Behringer V-Amp 3 or Roland Cube 80X

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gratefuldead94)
Topic starter  

I currently have a 100 W Fender Frontman 212R and am looking for some effects. I will either purchase a Behringer V-Amp 3 to go with my Frontman or sell my current amp and buy a Roland Cube 80X. I have played on the Cube and loved it. I haven't had the chance to try out the V-Amp. Which would be the better choice?

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

vamp3 + frontman is more flexible. On the otherhand, the cube 80 offers ease. The question boils down to "how are you going to use it?" Are you going to play live and have a different patch for each song you play? You've got somewhat of a limit using the Cube. Either way you've got to twist or press something. With a M-FX processor, you'll have all the patches waiting for you. Just go to the bank & channel for your "Back in Black" patch. On a modelling amp, you might have to swith pre-amps, maybe cabs emulation, all the EQ and different levels for each effect you'r using. More to it than just switching channels. However, if you're only going to have a few patches and can get to them easy on the Cube, that in turn would be the easier one to use.

In short, consider the usage scenarios.

also consider a used Boss GT-6. One can be had for $25-$50 more. It's a previous generation of COSM, but it's not a bad version. I still see people using one in front of their rig. They already had their patches done and made, so why bother getting a higher generation when sound quality isn't that much of a difference. (if that's your opinion of comparing different versions) At any rate, my GT-6 put my V-amp2 in the closet 4 years ago.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote