Clear all

Bi-Amping with an octave and a loop pedal

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chrisudell)
Topic starter  

Hi guys,
I'm currently trying to set up a rig where I am able to play both bass and guitar for my band and I plan on doing this through bi-amping through a Peavey Classic 30 and a Fender Rumble 500 bass amp. I know for this I need an ABY pedal but I also want to use a nano POG octave pedal and I tried using this as the ABY, sending the dry signal into the guitar amp and the wet into the bass amp. This works and I can get all three sounds (octave down, normal and both) but there is a problem regarding a loop pedal I just bought to work with everything. I got the Ditto looper X2 and I experimented with the placement of everything and the FX loops on the amps but I can’t get it to work properly. The best I can do is having it before the actual guitar and after the POG but when I record a loop and then change the sound (say I recorded the bass line and wanted to play the guitar rhythm on top) it changes the sound of the recorded loop (so the bass line suddenly sounds like a guitar again).
Hope this is all worded so that it makes sense

(@musicjc)

Chris...Have you found any problems using the Ditto X2? I do.
As soon as I engage the looper, my guitar volume immediately goes up, and stays up as long as the looper is engaged or storing a loop. the volume will only drop after I completely erase the stored loop. John

ReplyQuote