Clear all

Boss ME-50 noises vs individual stomp box

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jagged)
Topic starter  

Hello All,

I am trying to phase out my Boss ME-50, and going for individual pedals. Mostly because of fear of the entire pedal going kaput during a gig and leaving me with no effects. I am only trying to get minimal stomp boxes equivalent to the effects I use from ME-50. I know a lot of Boss individual pedals do what is found in an ME-50 (MT-2, Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, Reverb etc etc), but I am specially curious about these three effects(below). Any help would be greatly appreciated. As you all know, multiple stomp boxes are a big investment, and I am trying to make the right calls.

1) ME-50 Harmonist equivalent: The ME-50 Harmonist mode allows me to use the Harmonist on one a certain scale (e.g.: E) and the twin harmonies at + or - 0,3,4,5,6 etc...the one that interests me most is the 0 level setting. Simply because it makes both harmonies to use the same E scale and in turn gives me a fat double sound. On searching for equivalents, I have found the Boss Super Shifter which has a harmony mode. But try what I may, I cannot set it to the '0' harmony mode as I described above. I am just wondering if it's me or the Super Shifter does not have such a setting. Anyone have an idea?

2) ME-50 Delay equivalent: The delay effects in ME-50 has a 'slow echo' setting. I have looked into DD-3, 6, 7, but don't find it. Is there any equivalent to it in the individual Digital Delay pedals, preferably Boss?

3) ME-50 Ring Mod: Is there any individual pedal with the ring modulation from Boss, with/without an expression pedal?

Sorry, but as luck had it, I seemed to have picked up the least common effects to use from my ME-50, but I use a lot of weird effects in my songs, and want to continue doing that.

Let me know. Thanks.

(@faceonmars)

Hello All,

I am trying to phase out my Boss ME-50, and going for individual pedals. Mostly because of fear of the entire pedal going kaput during a gig and leaving me with no effects. I am only trying to get minimal stomp boxes equivalent to the effects I use from ME-50. I know a lot of Boss individual pedals do what is found in an ME-50 (MT-2, Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, Reverb etc etc), but I am specially curious about these three effects(below). Any help would be greatly appreciated. As you all know, multiple stomp boxes are a big investment, and I am trying to make the right calls.

1) ME-50 Harmonist equivalent: The ME-50 Harmonist mode allows me to use the Harmonist on one a certain scale (e.g.: E) and the twin harmonies at + or - 0,3,4,5,6 etc...the one that interests me most is the 0 level setting. Simply because it makes both harmonies to use the same E scale and in turn gives me a fat double sound. On searching for equivalents, I have found the Boss Super Shifter which has a harmony mode. But try what I may, I cannot set it to the '0' harmony mode as I described above. I am just wondering if it's me or the Super Shifter does not have such a setting. Anyone have an idea?

2) ME-50 Delay equivalent: The delay effects in ME-50 has a 'slow echo' setting. I have looked into DD-3, 6, 7, but don't find it. Is there any equivalent to it in the individual Digital Delay pedals, preferably Boss?

3) ME-50 Ring Mod: Is there any individual pedal with the ring modulation from Boss, with/without an expression pedal?

Sorry, but as luck had it, I seemed to have picked up the least common effects to use from my ME-50, but I use a lot of weird effects in my songs, and want to continue doing that.

Let me know. Thanks.

Did you ever find an equivalent for the slow echo?

I'm in the exact same situation ... it's one of my favorite effects. I have a new giga delay, but can't quite dial in that effect ... but maybe it's out there!

ReplyQuote