Clear all

Building a pedalboard?

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hello, as i wade into the world of pedals I am thinking about either building a board or buying one... It seems like the basic pedalsboards out there start around $80 (the coffing case was the one I was looking at)... has anyone built one? Is it worth it? I imagine I could make one, but the cost would be around $40 for materials... is it worth it?

I was planning on using the Godlyke Power All system for powering the pedals using a basic power strip. I anticipate about 6 pedals total.

Thanks!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I don't know about buliding one, but I've been checking these out from Rondo: Pedal Cases, and they look pretty good.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

Here was my solution:

1. Scrap 1/4" plywood
2. Glue and screw a 1X to the bottom of one end to raise it up to the appropriate level
3. Cover with a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet and staple in place.
4. Drill hoes for the power cords to fit through.
5. Put pieces of velcro tape to the bottom of the pedals so they stick to the board.

I dimensioned everything to fit an old carry-on bag that I had laying around. I use an old piece of styrofoam on top of the board when I transport it.

I spent less than $10 for the piece of carpet and velcro tape and it works perfect for what I need. I just couldn't see blowing all that money on a board, when I could use it to buy more gear!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

women for rent? did you misspell "holes" and the censor changed it?

that's kinda funny.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I don't know about buliding one, but I've been checking these out from Rondo: Pedal Cases, and they look pretty good.

Dan

Dan, those do look quite good - for $29 and 39 respectively. While I'm at, I might as well get a guitar to save on shipping! :lol:

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

women for rent? did you misspell "holes" and the censor changed it?

that's kinda funny.

ooops, that is funny. People must have thought I had the wrong forum. :oops:

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Dan, those do look quite good - for $29 and 39 respectively. While I'm at, I might as well get a guitar to save on shipping! :lol:

Hey, that's one way to save on the shipping! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Some good pointers on building a board from Demoetc. here at:

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?p=256304&highlight=#256304

Haven't built it yet but I'm gonna. Still looking for the appropriate OLD suitcase whatever.
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Wow, those Rondo cases look like a great deal. I have the large Core pedalboard.

Core Pedalboard

It's really a nice pedalboard, probably a little overpriced. When I got mine they had the special where you got a free One Spot power source, so I am very happy.

You get good Velcro with this, but heavy pedals still want to move around. I found some thick foam to put in the top of the case, pins the pedals down so now I don't have troubles with pedals coming loose over time. It's great to be able to pick up a case and carry all your pedals.

Have you seen the new pedalboard from Behringer?? Only $99 and holds 12 pedals. I wish they had a smaller version though.

Behringer PB1000 Pedalboard

Pretty sharp looking, plus you get the power supply and all the cables you need. Behringer does it again. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote