Notifications
Clear all

FUZZ decision...

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jabba217)
Topic starter  

I'm going to purchase a fuzz pedal soon. I've narrowed it down to three choices: Way Huge Swollen Pickle, Barber Trifecta Fuzz, and Tech 21 Boost Fuzz. This is based on Youtube videos. Any suggestions?

(@petey-twofinger)

i have built a few and i have a few here , my favorite is the fuzz factory with germanium transistors .
i watched some demos for the pedals on your list . it seems to me , at least from the demos that i watched , the tech21 really had more of a classic germanium type tone .

the barber looks really flexible . my least choice would be the pickle but i am guessing this would be a bit different if i actually sat down and played thru them . . it always seems to me a pitfall with these devices is that there may be more than one tone available , but would you ever want to use it ? so i guess flexibility would be a main selling point for me .

there are just too many pedals on the market now ... its insane ! i also think how much your actual rig / guitar is going to effect the final outcome .

i have an original meastro here , i recently a/b'ed it while recording up against the NOS germ fuzz factory i slapped together . no contest , FF all the way . i know this is going to be an unpopular response but i did hear very good things about the boss fuzz pedal . i heard it is very versatile . never tried it though :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZwaAB8icw8

the best thing i could say is try before ya buy !

ReplyQuote
(@bondmorkret)
Eminent Member

Definitely try them all before you buy anything, prefereably through your own amp!

Online Guitar Lessons at BondTuition.com

ReplyQuote