Notifications
Clear all

Fuzz For All

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mrdaveyk)
Topic starter  

ok I've had to depart from my big muff pedal which i have very muchly loved, i need a pedal to replace it, is there any pedal that sounds similar that any body knows of? ive seen a ZVEX fuzz Factory that seemed quite unique http://media.zvex.com/fuzzfactory.mov

i know what some of you are thinking about that pedal, there are some settings that are just horrible, so please dont lecture me over that, im just looking for a really nice warm fuzz that can be easily tweaked for a wide fuzz ..... i was thinking before this to get ibanez toneblaster, but my boss DS1 covers blues to metal aprt from fuzz

so in simple, can anyone suggest a good fuzz?

Cheers Guys!

Davey

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Why'd you get rid of the Big Muff?

How about a Little Big Muff?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@mrdaveyk)
Topic starter  

hehhehe i only had the muff about 2/3 months and the transistors are knackered or some over techincal reason, i got it off the net and its way too much fuss to get another one.

ReplyQuote
(@bold_as_love)

The best fuzz out there, I think, is the Fulltone '69. I have one and it is great. It is an exact remake of a Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face with 2 germanium transistors, but it has added tonal options so you can really mold the sound you want. Fulltone also makes a '70 fuzz which is a remake of the silcone transistor fuzz face but with more tonal options. If you like the brighter clearer fuzz sound,(Floyd's 'Time') then the '70 is the one, but if you want a darker more midrangy fuzz (Hendrix's 'Red House) then the '69 is the one. They both are around the same price ($150-200) and they are well worth the money

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i have the Double Muff and the TweakFuzz...the TweakFuzz is versatile but annoyingly hard to use...the Double Muff is just wonderful

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member

I am using a Foxx Tone Machine. Very nice square wave, but smooths out nicely at the lower settings. It has an octave up switch that seems to be more a ring modulator, very unusual to play with. I use it to great effect with my Lap Steels, and it likes single coils as much as it does humbuckers.

ReplyQuote