Clear all

Looking at the 1-Spot Combo pack

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Any of you guys use this? I am looking at the Combo pack, which comes with a lot of connectors, but no where in the specs does it mention that the barrel size is 2mm, which is a very common input jack size on many pedals. Do you know if it has 2mm jacks?

Reviews? feedback on the 1 spot? I like the idea of powering that many pedals w/ just one unit, & since I am not a gigging musician, I don't want to spend over $100 on one of those large power supply bricks.

Thanks, kat :)

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I've had the 1-spot combo pack for a little over a year now. I power 8 pedals with it: Fender tuner pedal, Dano EQ, Arion Tubulator, Boss DS1, MXR Phase 90, EH Small Clone, Ibanez Flanger/Chorus, and Ibanez Digital Delay. I plug the power supply into a power strip, rather than directly into the wall, and use the on/off switch on the power supply. I do this because I don't like the idea of leaving it on all the time when I'm not playing, but I have forgotten to turn it off at times and didn't have any problems. I really like the 1-spot, it doesn't add any noise to my sound, and saves a ton on batteries. I highly recommend it. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

+1 on the recommendation.

I use a 1-Spot to power all pedals on my "mini" pedalboard: Autowah, T-Rex Moller, Line6 Echo Park and sometimes a Crybaby + another misc pedal or two. it seems to work on all except for my larger Line6 modelers (Older PODs, DM-4, DL-4 types). been very pleased with it -- no noticeable audio noises even though it's a DC-DC switching design, and adapters for all 9V pedals so far ... old and new.

which pedals require a 2 mm barrel? that's would be a pretty small and delicate connector -- esp if barrel (female) style. maybe you mean a 2.1 mm ID, 5 mm OD barrel? that's a common, standard size. it's included with the 1-Spot.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I like the idea of getting rid of the standard "wall-wart" that covers 2 outlets on the strip!
which pedals require a 2 mm barrel? that's would be a pretty small and delicate connector -- esp if barrel (female) style. maybe you mean a 2.1 mm ID, 5 mm OD barrel? that's a common, standard size. That is what I mean, 5 mm O.D. The manual w/ my Behringer & Snarling Dogs pedals just refer to it as a "2mm DC jack, neg. center".

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

same as DanT, saves a ton of $, no noise problems

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yep, I own the Combo pack too, the optional jacks are nice, for awhile I had an old 80's ProCo Rat on my pedalboard, unlike 99% of pedals, it is center positive, but you get the adapter that reverses the polarity.

I also bought an additional 5 jack daisy chain, so altogether I am using 9 spots on my pedalboard. The One Spot has been excellent in my opinion, no noise issues whatsoever.

So far it fits every pedal I've tried including Boss, Danelectro, Behringer, Arion, BBE, Seymour Duncan, Marshall pedals, also a Vox, Dunlop and Bad Horsie wahs.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote