3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

So I've recently aquired this gem:
http://www.digitech.com/products/Pedals/EX7.php
(Not at all crappy like other multi-fx or other Digitech pedals)

I was using the whammy effect and really like the setting "Reverse 2nd Down", which detunes your signal by a whole step. This got me thinking how useful it would be if it could go 2 steps down also, as that would replicate C tuning. A tuning I can never be bothered with, which is a shame cos I've been getting into Dream Theater lately...
Sooooo my question - Can such a pedal be (professionally) modified to have such a setting? Say if it replaced an existing one, just the astoundingly useless "detune" setting?

My guess is that A) it is not possible or B) it would be stupidly expensive. lol

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

as this is very probably a DSP-based design, such a change would be to either SW or FW (firmware) or both, depending upon the particular HW/SW/FW architecture of the pedal. assuming there is enough and the correct processing capability with pedal, you will need someone to write the new code -- could be simple, IF one has access to the original code base and understands the processing algorithms. that code needs to be compiled ("built") into an image or file appropriate for the HW. and then somehow it needs to be loaded into the pedal's non-volatile memory (FLASH). unless Digitech is supporting such modifications, it seems unlikely that you will be able to get this done. IAC, do a web search for SW hacks on this pedal -- you might be surprised ... a lot of us would be.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I was afraid I would involve SW editing :cry: I've ask Digitech about it, but they're hardly a boutique manufacturer so...I'm not hopeful.

ReplyQuote