pedals

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok so I didn't know where to put this so I put it here

I am starting to think that I want to build my own pedal.
Yes, yes I know that its more expensive than buying one and its hard, but I am up for the challenge.
I read about it, but I want something really indepth

I was wondering if you guys could help me.

Thanks in advance.

(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Before you try to build your own pedal, I think you should probably just buy one.

But if you really want to... http://www.geofex.com/effxfaq/bldfx.htm that site seems great.

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

Check out smallbear electronics, they have quite a few resources listed at the bottom of their main page.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

I've built a couple pedals following the schematics at http://generalguitargadgets.com/ . I've built the TS808 clone, the Bluesbreaker pedal, and the "Boutique Fuzz" (along the lines of a Fulltone 69 pedal). The Fuzz was by far the easiest to build, and it sounds great. It would be a good place to start. If you build the classic fuzz version, it should be an even easier build. The TS808 sounds good too but was a total pain to build. smallbear is great, I buy most of my parts from them. They have everything you need, and nothing you don't, so it's a lot easier to find the parts you need in their catalog than if you go dig around mouser or digikey or something.

You say you want in-depth... Here's a good analysis of the fuzz face pedal that might help you understand what's going on there (and how to tweak it).

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks you guys this helps alot.

I was wondering...would it be possible to also build an octaver

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

thanks you guys this helps alot.

I was wondering...would it be possible to also build an octaver

Yup, there are alot of schematics out there for octave effects.

If you are considering doing this, make sure you get a fair amount of soldering practice done beforehand, unless you're comfortable with soldering.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote