Clear all

Pedals/Effects?

24 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Have you tried EBay Canada?

I went to EBay Canada and found the TO800.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-BEHRINGER-VINTAGE-TUBE-SCREAMER-TO800-Pedal-NR_W0QQitemZ280063823597QQihZ018QQcategoryZ64418QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Found the pedalboard too.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Johnson-FX-BRD-Powered-Effect-Pedalboard_W0QQitemZ220063167305QQihZ012QQcategoryZ41412QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

You should be able to find all of the pedals and the pedalboard on EBay. I would just write the seller an e-mail and ask how much shipping would be.

Or perhaps that site I gave links to will ship to Canada? Send an e-mail and ask.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Here is a Canadian store with what looks like better prices than you quoted.

http://bellonesmusic.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=be&Category_Code=gtrEffectsPedals

The TO800, the CS100, and UC100 are all listed on 1st page, EQ700 on 2nd page.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

But then I will have to pay duty?

Unpack the pedals and put some dirt on them before you cross the border and get rid of the package and 'manual sheet'. These pedals have been yours for many months and you took them to a friend of yours in the US. You don't have to pay duty for stuff you already owned, right? :D

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

But then I will have to pay duty?

Unpack the pedals and put some dirt on them before you cross the border and get rid of the package and 'manual sheet'. These pedals have been yours for many months and you took them to a friend of yours in the US. You don't have to pay duty for stuff you already owned, right? :D

Buddy of mine used to work in Tokyo, used the same idea to bring guitars back to the US. as far as i know it worked every time.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@lorfyre)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all,

So I finally got the 4 pedals that Wes prescribed, as well as the Johnson Powered Pedalboard. Sounds pretty neat, but I have yet to try it all out.

Just a few questions:

1) The Johnson powered pedalboard comes with a strip of velcro adhesive...I'm assuming this is for me to stick onto the back of the stompboxes to attain grip with the pedalboard. Will i be able to remove this adhesive (since it does cover up safety information and serial number)?

2) When using the graphic equalizer, should I set treb/bass/mid settings on my AMPLIFIER to zero, to let the EQ take over and do the work?

3) What does the EQ do? I figure the sliders on the far left control bass frequencies and the sliders on the far right control treble frequencies. What are some ideal settings for certain types of music? And what do the numbers mean...frequency in hertz?

Thanks a lot, a lot of noobish questions, but I hope they can all get answered :)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

When you bring stuff into Europe it's even easier. Just fly from anywhere outside Europe to any continental country but make sure you stop in the UK on the way. Because you'll stay outside of UK territory the customs don't really care much about what you're bringing in before you board your plane to the continent. And as you'll be coming from a UK flight (which is part of the European Union) you don't have to pay for nothing when you leave the plane.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hey all,

I play a Fender Telecaster through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amplifier. I want to get some pedals to add something to the sound. Maybe I just don't know how to use my amp properly to get the right tone. <snip> .I liked the sound coming out of the amp better.

I'm going to play "devil's advocate" here (sorry, too good a wordplay to resist), based on your last sentence. Get an attenuator, keep going straight into the amp, and crank that baby up. Use the attenuator to keep the volume down to reasonable levels. Don't be seduced by pedals.

I've used a Fender Standard Tele or G&L ASAT straight into a Hot Rod Deluxe for a few years now, and once you get a little saturation in the power tubes, "thin" is not an adjective I'd use to describe the tone. The only pedal I use, and that VERY sparingly, is an analog delay in the effeects loop.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Here is a Canadian store with what looks like better prices than you quoted.

http://bellonesmusic.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=be&Category_Code=gtrEffectsPedals

The TO800, the CS100, and UC100 are all listed on 1st page, EQ700 on 2nd page.

Awesome, I'll buy a TO800 from there! :D

ReplyQuote
(@lorfyre)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hmm that's neat and all, but could someone please answer my three questions posted above? thanks =P

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2