Tascam GT-R1

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@saturnthegiant)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi, folks. I got this Tascam GT-R1 guitar trainer/field recorder for Christmas:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-GTR1-Portable-Guitar-and-Bass-Recorder?sku=247895

Has anyone else used this or something like it?

Let me say first, i love it! I've been playing acoustic for a while and this little recorder really brings out the sound of my guitar. I usually have to play alone because of work hours, i have one friend who tries but he kinda gets stuck in a rut and can't keep up, i think this device will help him too. Also, this gave me a reason to pick up my electric again. I've been up half the night every night laying down basic tracks with the practice beat tracks, they sound pretty authentic! And the electric guitar effects sound pretty good too. Now i can lay down some basic rhythm tracks and practice leads, which was kinda hard to do alone. The only thing i found not too great, was that if you upload an mp3 of a song you want to learn, it doesn't cancel out the existing guitar tracks very well, although it does cancel out bass pretty well. I'm sure a lot of you have awesome/better home studio setups, but this little guy works for now for me. I've had it less than a week and already i feel inspired and have practiced more than i usually do.

(@marioncole)

I have been using the GTR1 for two months. It works great for practice but I do have one problem you can help me with. I've been trying to find another user to see if I can get help. When I record the level meter indicates recording at around Minus 10dB but when I playback the level meter indicates the playback is around minus 32 db. When I load the file from GTR1 to my PC the sound is so low that I can't use the PC speakers. I have to use a headset. I load the file into a program called Wave Editor and it confirms that the db is around minus 32 and I use wave editor to bring volume of the whole file up to minus 7db. If I convert the WAVE file to MP3 and load to a forum without increasing volume noone can hear it. Can you check if your record and playback volumes are the same db or vastly different as mine are. Thanks!!!

ReplyQuote