Clear all

Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ Power Supply

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@billyboy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

About to pull the trigger on this but wondered if anyone had any feedback (good or bad.)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Voodoo-Lab-Pedal-Power-2-Power-Supply?sku=153509

The reviews are great, looks like a great way to keep wiring under control, and "free of hum and noise" pedal power.

One question: considering it's only 9v outputs (or 18v if you combine two), does this put any limits on any pedalsbrands that can be powered by it? Seems most effects pedals are 9v but are there exceptions? One of the description items says: "Powers PSA, ACA, and Twin Boss pedals, Line 6 Stompbox Modelers and TOneCore pedals" - this mean there are pedals it won't work with?

Domo and cheers

"In my dreams your blowin' me... some kisses" - Lets Duet - Dewford Randolph Cox

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

There must be some pedals it won't power, but those would be pretty unusual -- probably very expensive and/or custom. The fact that it not only covers various flavors of 9VDC (Boss, Ibanez, Maxxon, ToneCore ...), but also 9VAC (Line6 Stomp modellers) and can be rigged for 18VDC operation (with optional adaptor to series two supplies) is very impressive. Voodoo Lab makes good stuff.

You have an unusual pedal ... or have your eye on one?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@billyboy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

No weird pedals.. just curious what the limits were, if any. Matter of fact no pedals at all.

But Christmas comes early, next week. :D

- Voodoo Power Pedal 2
- Analogman modified TS9 or Maxon OD9 overdrive, havn't decided which one yet (thanks dogbite for the link, I've a honorary PHD in tubescreamers now)
- ProCo Rat2
- MXR 10-Band EQ
- Crybaby
(Still researching the volume pedal, delay, and flange.)

That should keep me busy for a while, eh? :lol:

"In my dreams your blowin' me... some kisses" - Lets Duet - Dewford Randolph Cox

ReplyQuote
(@billyboy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

There must be some pedals it won't power, but those would be pretty unusual -- probably very expensive and/or custom. The fact that it not only covers various flavors of 9VDC (Boss, Ibanez, Maxxon, ToneCore ...), but also 9VAC (Line6 Stomp modellers) and can be rigged for 18VDC operation (with optional adaptor to series two supplies) is very impressive. Voodoo Lab makes good stuff.

Few observations in case anyone is interested. Just got the Voodoo 2 Plus and my first three pedals. Keep in mind it's a pedal newb talking.

Voodoo came with 6 standard 9V cables (barrel connector on both ends). Two of the pedals I bought (MXR 10-Band EQ 18V, and Rat 2 1/8" pin plug 9V) both take different power cables from Voodoo that were not included, have to buy them seperate. No problem live and learn.

Thing is built solid, flexible options, and no need to pay for individual power supplies and mess with power stripslots of power cords. So far really like.

(Third pedal is a MXR Carbon Copy analog delay (9V works with the Voodoo power cables included, hooray). Really impressed. Looked at the BOSS and DOD and they have more features but went with the MXR. Has a really transparent, organic sound to it.. non-digital if that's a good description.(?) Getting some incredible Pink Floyd Run Like Hell and Brick in the Wall sounds..)

Cheers

ReplyQuote