Clear all

Wheres the rock sound !?

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@slowhand)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey, i play electric and i have a 30 W Crate Amplifier(?) dunno the english word, i think its amplifier, anyway, when i plug my guitar into it and start playing it just sounds like an acoustic with improved sound :( Which knobs should i turn to get the ''rock soung'' that comes out in so many songs, im confused

this is the one http://www.aage.dk/shoppingsystem/vare.asp?varenr=36999

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Click that little button between "Solo" Level and "Clean" level.

Then turn up your "Gain" :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@slowhand)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks, its sounding better, but tbh i dont think this thing is made for rock :/ it surely does not sound like anything mettallica plays

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hahaha.. No and I'm sorry to say, it never will...not with that lil thing.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

If the amp has a "MID" tone knob turn it all the way down . This will "scoop" the mids as is the custom of metal players . If there is no midrange knob you can get a guitar equalizer pedal that will do the job for not too much money .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

stomp box assist is called for.
the box supplies that extra crunch.
you set drive/distortion/gain and you set the output to bedroom 1AM levels.
and rock out. younger sister fast asleep.
everybody happy.

then in the afternoon, you set the stomp box output higher
and you can get the amp to have that thump with your playing.

a small amp can be driven. it tries but is really cannot push enough air
to get that sound and feel we want. ya get close, but not really.
the right stomp box (effects pedal) is the next best thing.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

I have a Roland Cube 15 and with my couple of pedals it does sound quite good, so keep experimenting, you will get there.

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I have a Roland Cube 15 and with my couple of pedals it does sound quite good, so keep experimenting, you will get there.

Jack

+1 That far right amp model on my Cube 30 will do the trick, 'specially when dropping the tuning. (Sorry, I forget which one it is. The amp was given to a very good friend in need. He says it shakes the windows in his house....mission accomplished.) :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member

+1 That far right amp model on my Cube 30 will do the trick, 'specially when dropping the tuning. (Sorry, I forget which one it is. The amp was given to a very good friend in need. He says it shakes the windows in his house....mission accomplished.) :D

It's the rectifier you're talking about. On the cube 30x it's the second last from the right, and I think on the regular cube 30 it's the last one.

ReplyQuote