14 Users
0 Likes
69.4 K Views
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Yes! My 1st correct chord guess! :D

Here's one I've always liked: Guess this chord 1

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Ok, clue #1: this is an open position chord. :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Dan!

Congratulations on that first chord! :D

Let's see... I am pretty sure I forgot some note but could it be a C major chord? It sounds very familiar to me!

Nuno

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Thanks Nuno,

You are almost correct in your guess, however there's more to the chord yet. :wink:

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

That is a C Augmented Chord.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That is a C Augmented Chord.

I don't know too much about chord theory, but if I'm to understand the definition of an augmented chord correctly, your guess is incorrect.

Nuno was on the right track, just needs one more extension.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Yea, you are right.

On giving a second listen to it, I realise that it is not a C Aug chord.

I don't know anything about theory or chord names...but I believe your chord is this one - X32100

Checking it out from PowerTab, it gives me the name - E/C.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

but I believe your chord is this one - X32100

Nope, not it.... keep guessing! You are very close though. :D

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm pretty sure I know what it is, thought I'd let someone else have a go - if I'm right it's the chord that comes between C and C7 in the verses of "Something" by George Harrison.....

That's a clue by the way - and here's another clue for you all, the Walrus was Paul....

(Actually that was a red herring.....the Walrus one I mean.....I should get more sleep....)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great clue Vic! :D The song in question is also in the ESD, so all someone would have to do is look that up and... bingo! :wink:

Dan

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I didn't use the Vic's clue (now I'll go to the ESD page, as with the crosswords :wink:). I think the chord is Cmaj7 (major 7th, no dominant 7th). Could it be correct?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Cmaj7 it is! Fingering = x32000 You're up Nuno! :D

Dan

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yeah, that fingering, sorry, I forget to write it. I said it sounded familiar to me. This chord is also used in the intro of "Dust in the wind", as I've said in another thread, the first song I learnt to play. This chord is probably the first "non-usual" chord (major, minor, 7th) I learnt.

Nevertheless, I think the point must be for Vic, he guessed it this afternoon! :)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nuno,

I think Vic was just being nice & trying to help me out with giving clues. I didn't ask for the correct fingering either - just gave it for reference. :wink: You named the chord, so I say you're up. :D Fire away!

Dan

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Ok! :D

BTW, yesterday I was playing the chords of 'Something' and the progression is wonderful. Probably Harrison were the best musician in the group.

I like this game because I'm learning to use my "ears" and also a lot of new things to me. For example, some songs made by Harrison, I didn't know he also made 'Badge', one of my Clapton's favorites. Thanks! :D

Ok! Let's go: Guess that chord #2. Easy, for beginners, no clues.

Nuno

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 15