Clear all

Ear traning challenge

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@viper)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

ot sure which section to put this in, feel free to move it.
Well, I really need to work on my eartraining. But how would I do this at school? Now I know some guy's gonna say "do it when you play the guitar" or "school is not for learning music", but I'll be doing it on my free time in class, so no worries there. I already do it when I play the guitar, but I need to find a way to fit just a little bit more practice to really get them down. I already made flashcards with relative minors, alto, bass and treble clefs, but that's simple since It's notation. The problem with the ear training is that I can't bring my guitar or RicciAdam's theory site to school... So anyone got thoughts or suggestions?

Ibanez RG3EXFM1

(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

maybe you could load up your mp3 player with songs, maybe 'jamming' tracks if you have them, and just really listen to the songs, picking up rhythms, keys and key changes, notes, chords anything.

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
(@viper)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

That's pretty good, but I'd have to be careful since our school has a "we-see-it-we-take-it" policy on electronics. Your idea is rather good though, because my music tends to be rather complex, stuff like king crimson etc.

Ibanez RG3EXFM1

ReplyQuote