Clear all

Guitar theory site

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone read this fretboard analysis system?

If so, what is your opinion?

http://www.guitarproofs.com/guitar/viewpage.php?page_id=5

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

If someone could make something easy more complicated, I've yet to see an example of it.

I found this, for example:

"Consider the set of all chords formible on a guitar fretboard C*. So if x is a chord on the guitar fretboard, then x is in C* (x E C*)

Proposition: every triad/chord formable on the guitar fretboard will have it's root appear on one of 6 strings.

[(x E C*) -> {r(x) E (low-E or A or D or G or B or High-E)}]

...."

Now, I've studied set theory, and frankly I see no utility to writting music theory in mathematical symbology.

but if it helps you, go for it.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Actually, I thought it was to complicated as well. The concept of the CAGED system evolving is interesting....but above my head.

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

I've studied set theory as well, and though putting guitar in terms of sets and elements dosn't make the theory any clearer (to me, at least), it is an interesting way to think about it. I would never have thought to do it that way, but I guess it works, lol!

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Set theory?

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Yeah, the site is taking musical concepts and rewritting them in set theory notation, which is a branch of mathematics.

Why, I have no idea.

But hey, whatever :)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Everything here is very easy to understand, but, you must study the issues word by word, sentence by sentence over and over again. ... I promise that your life will be changed instantaneously.

It really says that.

:roll:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

well, the instantaneous takes time . . .

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Thanks for the signature. :wink: :D

Ha! :lol:

P.S. Welcome to GN!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote