Clear all

Babylon

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi,just a quick question about the harmonics on Babylon.
I know how to play harmonics but usually I would fret the note before finding the harmonic.
I notice the harmonics in Babylon don't seem to be fretted....how does this work?????
Thanks.....

(@davidhodge)

These are the "natrual" harmonics that are found, in this case, at the twelfth fret. All you do is lay a finger across the fret and it'll work. See the article Harmonic Convergence on the "Guitar Column" page if you need help with it.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

David, I've read the article and remain confused. The tab for Babylon shows the harmonics as "open" ( <0> ) rather than 12th fret - is it common to show harmonics in tab an octave lower? What am I missing?

Also, if we are using a capo on the 1st fret to bring the song into Eb, should the harmonics be played at the 13th fret rather than 12th? In other words, 12th fret relative to the capo, or actual 12th fret of the guitar?

Excellent lesson, as always. More intermediate songs please!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Okay, I figured it out - play harmonics at 13th fret when capo is on 1.

:D

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@peterj)

Love this site -- and David's seminars. Just finished the first "Intermediate" lesson for "Babylon." I love the way it sounds -- probably the most progress I've made as a beginner. But I can't seem to figure out how to sing the lyrics over it -- it just doesn't sound like the original at all. Anyone else have this problem -- or is it just me ...?

Thanks

(PS: Newbie mistake -- I had originally posted this in "Seminars" forum ....)

ReplyQuote