Clear all

Roll Over Beethoven

79 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
49.7 K Views
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Which icon is the font icon?  I can't seem to get it to work right yet.  

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Sue, Hi, I had the problem getting the power chords to sound up on the high frets, esp fret 14 with the pinkie - yesterday I tried playing on my friends guitar and it was so much easier, the strings were closer to the frets - so I just have to go and get a new guitar!! :)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Sue, Hi, I had the problem getting the power chords to sound up on the high frets, esp fret 14 with the pinkie - yesterday I tried playing on my friends guitar and it was so much easier, the strings were closer to the frets - so I just have to go and get a new guitar!! :)

sounds like a good reason to me!

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

yeah, I'm gonna go and lay-by a decent acoustic next week, I've already started browsing ;D

ReplyQuote
(@trudolfs)
Eminent Member

Late as usual, but (your favorit excuse).

I have also started on the classic Beethoven, and there are some ups and downs. My biggest problem with before you accuse me was to fit the lyrics to the rythm. This was much easier on this one.

By big concern now is to be able to shift chords. Adding a string and a finger has slowed me down considerably. I tend to get back to moving one finger att a time, and slowly. I am also not yet comfortable fretting this high on the board.

I also noted another thing. Moving to the 14th fret with my pinky crashes my hand into the guitar body (which obviously is not a cut-out one). So to reach it I tend to arch the wrist a bit, but it does not feel very comfortable. Is this the right way of doing it?

/zc

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Back off topic.
The YABBC tags behind the buttons are, from left to right
Bold
Italics
undelined
crossed out
[glow=red,2,300]glow[/glow]
[shadow=red,left,300]shadow[/shadow]
[move]move[/move]
[pre]Not sure exactly what this is[/pre]

Left justified

Centred

Right Justified

The A with a vertical line appears to have no function:
Set Font

The second line:
[fl ash=200,200]Object created with FlashFlash[/flash]
URL, http
[ftp]ftp address[/ftp]
[im g]image[/img]
[e mail]email[/email]

The next three are tables

superscript
subscript
Teletype??
[co de]enter code

This is a quote

• This is a list

• Second line
  • I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
    Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
    Greybeard's Pages
    My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
    (@musenfreund)
    Illustrious Member

zc--
    Keep at it.  Eventually you should find yourself sliding this chord shape around the fretboard easily.  Trying holding the shape as you shift.
    And this is much nicer to do on the electric with its cutaways, but you'll manage it nicely on acoustic too as your finger strength develops.  The fingering on the upper frets may be a tad bit awkward until you get used to it.  Just don't let your wrist get too tired or cramped.  No need to risk injury.

You can also play it down the neck.  Typically it's played up the neck to make the pinky stretch for the boogie a bit easier. Buy you can play the G with the root on the third fret of the sixth string; the C with the root on the third string of the fifth string and the F with the root on the third  fret of the fourth string.  Again, I can't get anything to line up but you'll get the idea.

-------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------5------7----
    ---------------------5----7---------------3------3--------
    ----5----7---------3------3-------------------------------
    ---3------3----------------------------------------------
           G                                           c                                      f

See how that sounds and if it lets you practice this shuffle more comfortably.
    Hey, just checked.  David's got the shuffle on this position too.  His image will be easier to read:

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
    (@trudolfs)
    Eminent Member

I noticed an error in the lesson. In this image:

Isn't the E in the staff one octave to low compared to the TAB (I think the tab is correct, cause it makes most sence of the text).

An thanks for the tip, Muse, but your tab and the included picture have the same problem, but I get the point anyway.

I kind of like it when the V is above the IV. Gives more of the melody (and a shorter shuffel).

And I have also started a subject in the Suggestions forum for the fixed width fonts. Would be good to have that clear. Please use that one, Muse and Greybeard.

/zc

ReplyQuote
    (@davidhodge)

Spot on, zc!

That notation should definitely be an octave higher. Sorry about that! More things to correct...   ;)

Peace

ReplyQuote
    (@sue-donym)

Musenfreund, thanks for the explanation.  I read it a few times, and I think it may be starting to sink in.   I've decided to spend a few minutes on theory every day in addition to my practice.  I know I can figure it out if I wrap my brain around it long enough.

-off topic-
    Astokes! Yay for new guitars!  I've been visiting music stores off/on for the past 2 months, but my problem is that old stereotype about women....I have no clue what I want.  Every guitar I pick up feels like...just another guitar...nothing special.  I'm being patient in my search for "the ONE".   Let me know which one you get so I can put it on my list of guitars to check out.

ReplyQuote
    (@musenfreund)
    Illustrious Member

8)

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
    (@violet-s)
    Reputable Member

Sue, yay, OK!  I have to admit to going into the guitar shop a bit gingerly, maybe partly because, and you'll get a laugh out of this, once I went in and asked for some guitar strings and the guy says:" What brand does your husband use?" lol   My budget's only around US$500, but I'll let you know. (Maybe that's too much for a beginner to spend?)

best
    Allison

ReplyQuote
    (@musenfreund)
    Illustrious Member

Sue, yay, OK!  I have to admit to going into the guitar shop a bit gingerly, maybe partly because, and you'll get a laugh out of this, once I went in and asked for some guitar strings and the guy says:" What brand does your husband use?" lol   My budget's only around US$500, but I'll let you know. (Maybe that's too much for a beginner to spend?)

best
    Allison

I hope you had a good comeback for him!

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
    (@violet-s)
    Reputable Member

No, I was in too much shock :-[  starting to stand up and be counted now though!!  

ReplyQuote
    (@musenfreund)
    Illustrious Member

Next time ask him which brand his wife uses on her guitar.  Tell him you'd like to try those.  

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
    Page 2 / 6