Clear all

An interesting delema, writing wise

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@joefish)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I am working this current project, a song about people who love attention, create drama just for the center of attention - you know the type. I've struggled with this song, with the words and especially the melody for almost 6 months now. Finally, the other nite I hit a few strings on my guitar which inpired a chord progression which inpired a cool little melody. I was off. I was so excited about this, last night I laid a quick little 8 track demo with a few guitars, drums track, vocals just to setup a treatment I could hear in my head.

Now the delema...

The tone of the song is too...peppy for the words I had in mind. Unless I am Morrisey, I can't hear the stronger subject going along with the lighter melody. I don't know why I'm sharing this? I just found it funny; usually I have words and no melody, now I have a melody and no words. :?

==================
Pat
joefish
SilverBox

"Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice".
Robert Fripp

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

You mean "Drama Queen" type of person?
That might be the title anyway.

You can make fun of the behavior.
The name itself is pretty funny and self-descriptive.

The lyrics might just deal with situations or instances where she acts the "drama queen".

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote