Clear all

any advice would be appreciated. :)

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

okay first here are the chords I use. G=355433, D=x57775, A=577655, C=x35553, a=xo222o, B=x24442
the strum pattern is roughly ddDu (on the first two downs I only hit the first two strings)
I try to slide the chord changes around when I change chords, which is why they are all barre chords. I play at a medium to fast tempo, uh I have no Idea how to better describe it.

chord pattern on the verses is G-D-A-C and the chorus is G-a-bsC-D

each chord should get one whole run throught the strum pattern. The words in this have to move fast to make up for the pattern

Verse 1
well late at night I sit and think about the things that haunt my mind and keep me wide awake
of how it seems my hopes and dreams are falling throught the cracks and seams that run along this road that is my fate

and how I wish, I could be there next to you
how I wish, it could be just me and you

Verse2
well friends are friends but true friends are the few friends who ou know will be thier with you till the end
so go hang with your true friends and moke new friends so the happines that you share can be echoed out again

Chorus

Verse 3
sometimes I wonder who I am or what i am where I am or who I'm s'posed to be
and I suspect that you expect that I should change but it's all that I can do to just be me and

chorus

end

I'm trying to work out a bridge and smooth over some of the rougher lyrics, uh lets see, the chord changes are mostly based on feel.

I would appreciate any feedback.

:D

wherever you go, there you are.

(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Hi, afterblast.

I like your song so far.

I like this verse the best:

Verse2
"well friends are friends but true friends are the few friends who ou know will be thier with you till the end
so go hang with your true friends and moke new friends so the happines that you share can be echoed out again"

At first I misread "moke new friends..." that's probably "make new friends." After I reread the verse it sounded better.

I was also wondering if your chorus is instrumental or are you going to add lyrics?

:D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@zaiga)
Trusted Member

A chorus without lyrics, that would be quite original :D

I think this is supposed to be the chorus:

"and how I wish, I could be there next to you
how I wish, it could be just me and you "

ReplyQuote
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feedback.
sorry about the misspell, your right it's supposed to be make, I'm just typing impared, and yes those are the lyrics for the chorus.

p.s If I were going to make an instrumental chorus I would have to get a chorus pedal. :D

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote