Clear all

Breath of Life

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jonsi)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This is a song I've been struggling with for a long time. I made the instrumental parts first, and then the first verse and the chorus came without problem. And then nothing has happened with it until today. I'm curious to hear what you think of it. It's not like anything else I've written before (neither lyrically nor musically). Actually it's a couple of quite losely related images I took from other songs I've tried to finnish. But I think they work together. What do you think?

BREATH OF LIFE

Instrumental intro

Verse 1
From the most forgotten part of
my dying soul
I hear an awaken dream
whispers your name

Chorus
Come on save me!
I'm just dirt.
Breath into me.
Make me a man!

Verse 2
I know an old tree it's
shaped like a hand.
In the cold night it reaches
for the morning star

Chorus

Verse 3
I saw an osprey fishing
but it flied home
Alone and hungry and
harassed by gulls

Chorus

Instrumental bridge

Chorus

Verse 4
I heard a violin
well built and rare
though well taken care of it
whined like me

(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

Hey Jonsi, cool song. I've ended up putting two seemingly disconnected songs together before, and I think you done a good job here; though the imagery is different, the feelings are the same. I can relate. I think a lot of people can. And that's what its all about.

My only "complaint" is that I live inland, far away from any major bodies of water, and I've never actually seen an osprey fishing... I've only ever seen an osprey in the wild once, so I can't relate to the third verse really. So it's not a problem with the song writing, it's a problem with the audience. ("It's not you; it's me!") However, since presumably you'll be singing for people, just be aware that the song may not fly :D as well with land-locked listeners.

Once again, though, nice song.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote