Clear all

Copyright question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@petrix)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I know people must ask this sort of question all the time, but I'm still very confused.

I've just started writing songs, and I want to protect my work, but I dont understand how I do this. Do I just put a "copyright" symbol at the end of my songs, or do I need to register my music with a copyright authority or something like that? ??? Please could someone explain this to me, as I really dont want my music to be stolen! :-/

I may never be a rockstar, but I do want to perform my songs without worrying that people will copy them.

(I live in england, btw)

"I had these dreams that I would learn to play guitar, maybe cross the country, become a rock star"

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

go ahead and read through the top thread in this forum.

Once you write a song the copyright belongs to you.

To prove you wrote it though, you need to register that copyright.  It's different all over the world, but that thread has most of the info you need.

ReplyQuote
(@petrix)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Cheers, But I'll wait until Ive got enough material for it to be worth paying £60 for ten years. I guess it will be poor mans copyright for me until then :(

"I had these dreams that I would learn to play guitar, maybe cross the country, become a rock star"

ReplyQuote