Notifications
Clear all

general songwritting question

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@desade)
Topic starter  

I'm new. and I will ask millions of questions.

I didn't really know how to ask this without sounding like an idiot, but then I rememberd that you can't hear me. :) Ahem. Well, I was wondering what kinds of songs were allowed on these forums. For example, would a violently-toned song be best left off of here? I don't want to offend anyone, or post things that shouldn't be posted.

Just in general, ( im new ). I did read the rules when I signed up, but I'm still a little weary about this. Are there restrictions on imaging, vulgarity (not to the point of ignorance) , and things of that sort?

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Good for you for having the sense to ask - if you apply the same kind of commonsense to your posts, you should be OK. Remember it's a family forum - ask yourself, would I want my kids to see/hear/read this? If the answer's no, then be wary of posting. If it's fairly mild, put a warning in the header - "mild violence/adult content" - that sort of thing. As I said, commonsense.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@desade)
Topic starter  

Great! Thanks for your help. I was thinking along the lines of common sense, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the clarity. Hope to have some songs on here soon for critiques.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Uh, I don't want to jump to conclusions Marquis, but based on your question and choice of screen name perhaps you might run one by me first. :D

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

:)

... and if DS needs some extra lyric contributions, I'm sure somebody could organize a whip round...

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

now that was painful

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Hey...you guys DO have a sense of humour! :wink:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote