Clear all

general songwritting question

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
DeSade
(@desade)
Topic starter  

I'm new. and I will ask millions of questions.

I didn't really know how to ask this without sounding like an idiot, but then I rememberd that you can't hear me. :) Ahem. Well, I was wondering what kinds of songs were allowed on these forums. For example, would a violently-toned song be best left off of here? I don't want to offend anyone, or post things that shouldn't be posted.

Just in general, ( im new ). I did read the rules when I signed up, but I'm still a little weary about this. Are there restrictions on imaging, vulgarity (not to the point of ignorance) , and things of that sort?

Vic Lewis VL
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Good for you for having the sense to ask - if you apply the same kind of commonsense to your posts, you should be OK. Remember it's a family forum - ask yourself, would I want my kids to see/hear/read this? If the answer's no, then be wary of posting. If it's fairly mild, put a warning in the header - "mild violence/adult content" - that sort of thing. As I said, commonsense.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
DeSade
(@desade)
Topic starter  

Great! Thanks for your help. I was thinking along the lines of common sense, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the clarity. Hope to have some songs on here soon for critiques.

ReplyQuote
Nick Torres
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Uh, I don't want to jump to conclusions Marquis, but based on your question and choice of screen name perhaps you might run one by me first. :D

ReplyQuote
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

:)

... and if DS needs some extra lyric contributions, I'm sure somebody could organize a whip round...

ReplyQuote
Nick Torres
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

now that was painful

ReplyQuote
Cat
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Hey...you guys DO have a sense of humour! :wink:

Cat