2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gram99)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi all

need your help ...

just created a soundclick page and uploaded my first ever partial mp3 http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=645110 it's of the first few verses of a song I posted here many months ago called "don't shoot the messenger." I need your help with a few things

1 what genre would you say this tune belongs to.
2 who or what does the tune immediately say to you or remind you of.
3 should I cease and desist with any further attempts at recording my own music :-))) as in, did it hurt that much.
4 it's ok ... all comments appreciated regardless .. I'm a big boy and can take it so dish it out .. good, bad or indifferent.
5 cop out ... please remember I've only been playing the guitar and harmonica for a year or so
6 best to all for the new year

please this loud

gram99

"Nothing happens until something moves."

Albert Einstein

(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Hi answering in order that asked ..

1/ Acustic General

2/ The start sounded a touch of Steve Earl then I heard your Dylanish Voice , so I would say unique sound .

3 / Why stop you got there gear , the only way to improve is to keep doing it ...

4/ Big Boys some time do Cry ... That s why I wont come into that one if anything I felt the guitar may have been a touch too close to the mic ..
Well thats my humble opinion ..

5/ Only a year WOW mate you should be proud of your self a year ago how did you sound with that guitar ? Alot better a year down the track I bet ..I can say your playing is just fine for someone who is only 12 months into this , I have been at it just over 2 years . My web site on my signature is my sounclick page . Check it outt mate your more advanced then me ..

6/ My favourite part of this thread , have a safe and happy New Year and remember if your planning to drink plan not to drive ..

Cheers

Trevor

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote