Notifications
Clear all

Lyrics Needed!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@writesong)
Topic starter  

American Lyric Writers are currently inviting submissions from all songwriters & lyricists. Winners will receive 50% of the song's royalties. Please see http://www.americanlyric.com for details.

(@maxwell)
Estimable Member

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam Horrible spam!

If you choose to enter this contest, make sure you understand that AFTER you pay the $15 fee to have your lyrics read, the Rules state:

Obligations of Winners:
· The winner of the Lyric Contest will receive 50% of the writer's portion of royalties; the composer of the music will receive the other 50% *note, does not say what percentage the "writer's portion" will be.
· The winner of the best lyric must send an acappella version of the lyric being sung.
· The winning lyricist will be required to sign an affidavit stating that they are the writer of the winning lyric and that they own all the rights to the lyric.
· The winning Lyricist will also be required to sign a publishing contract, assigning the publishing rights to American Lyric.
Note: American Lyric will own 100% of the publishing rights to the fully completed song.
· All winners documents must be returned to American Lyric by certified mail within 14 days of receipt. Winners who fail to return these documents within 14 days will forfeit their win.
· The winning lyricist agrees to allow American Lyric to use their name for advertising purposes without compensation. Disclaimers American Lyric doest not guarantee that the winning lyrics will be recorded and released for commercial sale, but that is the ultimate goal.

Note: if not recorded, writer's portion of royalties is "
zero, $0.00, nothing, nada" and you have no rights to your lyrics.  You have, in essence, just paid someone $15.00 to take the rights to your lyrics.

He not busy being born is busy dying. - Bob Dylan (It's Alright Ma, I'm Only Bleeding)

ReplyQuote
(@enshoku)
Eminent Member

Thanks for putting that into perspective for me.  That's pretty controversial.  

Have you heard of the John Lennon Songwriting Contest?  Is that any good?

Thanks.

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam Horrible spam!

Note: if not recorded, writer's portion of royalties is "
zero, $0.00, nothing, nada" and you have no rights to your lyrics.  You have, in essence, just paid someone $15.00 to take the rights to your lyrics.

ReplyQuote
 CGW
(@cgw)
Eminent Member

The Lennon contest is straight up, good stuff, but tough competition. Big name, draws lots of entries. But it truly is just trying to promote songwriting and to my knowledge is perfectly legitamit and fair, I've entered before

"Those are my principles; if you don't like them, I have others."~ Groucho Marx

ReplyQuote