Clear all

Musical Baton idea

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@adamdenmark)
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

Ever made a verse, but couldnt quite come up with a chorus that matched? Or the other way around?

I have a few song ideas - but somehow I'm getting stuck with the fragments - and that sparked the idea of posting the individual fragment on the web - and let others add the "missing part". Kind of a Musical Baton.

I'm not aware of this site having a video part (like Youtube) - so I was wondering

1) Would Guitar-Noise consider making such a feature for songwriters?
2) Would any of you follow a link to Youtube if I posted my song fragment there, and then add your ideas on Youtube as comments?

I would love your comments :)

All the best from
Adam

I'm a "sing-along"-kinda hobby guitarist (actually im a drummer, but I love playing the guitar ^)

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Adam, and welcome to GN!

Not sure if you mean passing the baton on lyrically or musically - or both?

We have had several collaborations before in the Songwriting Forums - it's been a regular part of the Sunday Songwriters Group for the last few years to have a multi-part assignment where one person will do a verse, someone else the chorus, someone else a second verse, and someone else again will come up with a bridge. This way you've got at least four people working on the same song.

I can't comment on idea #1 - that's for the management! - but I can't see anything wrong with posting pieces of a song on youtube and asking for collaborators/ideas/comments.

Good luck....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote