Clear all

URGENT HELP NEEDED

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mattutaylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Guys, i been writin songs for like, nearly a year now and i have loads stored in A4 school books, which i havent used and just written songs in. I estimate i have around 70 odd songs some good, some bad, some great.

Q1. Is it worth me getting them copywritten?

I have recently given a few of my songs to a good friend who has agreed to attempt to put music along with them.

Q2. If i do copywright them, and I am more than likely to use the poor mans way, A) Would i be able to mail them to myself via Email?  B) If i use the formal post service, could i just send myself copies of the books and kepp the books with the songs in, in an envelope? (In one of A-Js articles it says do not keep more than one song in one envelope)

Many thanks

(@sjt1316)
Trusted Member

1) it depends, and only you can tell...

2A)  You cannot e-mail them, as dates and other stuff are too easily forged/changed when digital.  

2B) You should not put more than one song per envelope for this reason:  Say you put your book in an envelope.  Someone steals a song.  In court, you open the envelope.  Now if another person steals another song from that book, you have no evidence, because you've opened the envelope.

--Steve
If you're enjoying it, are you still a struggling artist??
D~~n the man, save the Empire!

ReplyQuote
(@ajcharron)
Estimable Member

Agreed on all points!

ReplyQuote