Clear all

Words

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@static_jmo)
Topic starter  

Hey all I'm new here,

I recently got an audio interface for my laptop and last week I decided to give recording something a go and to hear myself playing.

I've never recorded anything before and I'm happy with how it came out, I really rushed it so the levels of the different instruments probably aren't quite right but I do like the bass heavy sound. It's only a short song at 30 seconds and thrown together without any real planning. When I get time I'm going to write something around 3 minutes long and properly work it out. Still though any pointers or constructive criticism would be appreciated and I'll try to apply them the next time around.

Words, they fall from my tongue

A somnambulant ode to meaning, when I can't find one

We talk the talk and regurgitate our packaged lines

When really there's nothing there behind those 2 eyes

to listen - https://soundcloud.com/aaaymot/words

(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

Interesting sound. I'm not sure I understood what it was about. Keep at it. God knows that I have lots of equipment and toys but haven't really figured out how best to use them.

ReplyQuote
(@static_jmo)
Topic starter  

Thanks for listening. Yeah the words are just something I threw together in a rush to have something recorded, I guess it's about saying things and doing things and having a sense of identity that may or may not be real and based around a false sense of self. When I find the time, or make it more like, I'll have a go at making something larger in scale, in the mean time I'll figure out how to use the toys at my disposal, mainly my guitar :lol:

ReplyQuote