Notifications
Clear all

Write lots of songs

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bigwhit)
Topic starter  

Now then people after stumbling into this site and being quite impressed I thought I'd share an idea with you to see what you think. Me and the guys get together to for band rehearsals 3 times a week and do the same old things (work on new stuff, practise the set, recording...) however on one night each week we separate into two teams and challenge ourselves to write two songs each (one acoustic guitar and the other piano). Now these songs aren't specifically for the band and usually turn into comedy tunes but one thing they do do is aid in songwriting plus any lyrics melodies or riffs that are great can be used in "proper" songs. It also reaffirms our friendship because theres nothing worse than only seeing you bandmates at rehearsals when otherwise your more or less strangers. Anyway weve wrote and recorded nearly 100 of these "stoners tunes" as we refer to them and everyone we show them to enjoys them and other bands that we know have stared to copycat the idea. So next time you rehearse give it a go see if you enjoy it.

All the best

Whit

(@m07zm4n)
Estimable Member

Sounds like a lot of fun and learning in one breath!
Another reason why I should be in a band... :cry:

NO MORE THEORY!!
um...
KNOW MORE THEORY!!!!

<------>
motz
<------>

ReplyQuote