Clear all

Am I missing a lesson?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

In Mr Hodges online email he states "And be sure to note that while Time After Time is listed as an Intermediates
piece, you will find that this particular lesson works its way up from a
typical beginner's lesson. Don't be afraid to try it out!" In the article on Bookends.
Is there a lesson called Time After Time or is it a reference to a song?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

It's true! When I read the last newsletter I thought there was some mistake or maybe David is making a reference to an easy song in the forums. However, the song or lesson is also refered here:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/newsletter/vol-3-39/

:?

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Time After Time=one of the biggest hits in the 80s

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

In Mr Hodges online email he states "And be sure to note that while Time After Time is listed as an Intermediates
piece, you will find that this particular lesson works its way up from a
typical beginner's lesson. Don't be afraid to try it out!" In the article on Bookends.
Is there a lesson called Time After Time or is it a reference to a song?

I don't get the newsletters but it sounds to me that what he meant was that most of the lesson was a typical beginner's lesson with a couple of things thrown in that pushed the category up to intermediate. Just a guess. :?:

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

No, you are missing a lesson! Or, "...a funny thing happened to me on the way to do the next Songs for Intermediates piece..."

I finally finished the writing, notation and recording of the (way too) long awaited lesson on Time After Time and sent it all off to Paul a few weeks back. I had to send it in a hurry because (a) I was leaving on a two week vacation starting February 24 and wouldn't be near a computer until yesterday and (b) Paul was planning on leaving to do so traveling the first of March. So I also wrote and sent him what was to be the March 1 newsletter as well.

It turns out that Paul had some problems with the notation files that we used, so he couldn't put the lesson up online. He took the blurb for the lesson itself out of the newsletter I'd written but didn't catch the cross references that occured at various other points in the newsletter.

Bottom line is that I've just sent him a new set of notation and the lesson will hopefully go up online this week.

Sorry about the confusion. However, this will probably not teach me to never take a vacation... :wink:

Oh, and please call me "David." "Mr. Hodge" is waaay too formal and I think we're all pretty much on a first-name basis around here!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for clearing that up! I usually do call you David but sometimes I slip back into the teacher/student mode and forget. I've recently seen a couple of acoustic versions of Time After Time and thought "how do you play that?"

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote