Skip to content
Another Which Amp T...

Notifications
Clear all

Another Which Amp Thread!!!! Love you guys!!!

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

:D
Allright viewers...
This friday is new amp day.. I am leaning towards the Vox AD30VT Hybrid amp... Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have about $250 Im willing to work with and I like a variety of music... It needs to have great bell like clean and still be able to do some heavy crunching. I've always been fond of that airy marshall distortion...

Thanks to anyone that replies..[/url]

(@12barsteve)

I am currently looking for a 30 W practise amp aswell.

Have you looked at behringer amps?

The beringher gmx110 has caught my attention.....although I havent tried one yet.

Comes with fx, analogue amp modelling, dual footswitch, and cd in for practise.

A bit cheaper than the VOX but has more "practise" features.

Can anyone offer any more info on this amp?

ReplyQuote
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

Have you looked at the Roland Cube 30? Great amp, and not a bad price also

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Have you looked at the Roland Cube 30? Great amp, and not a bad price also

yip i wanted to suggest that aswell. Great sound

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Mashall do a 30 watt combo for similar money to the Vox. I'm thinking of getting both this year (don't tell her indoors)

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@boudreau)
Eminent Member

I've got the cube 60 and love it. Got it from my local store for $312!! Same as cube 30 with 12 inch speaker and 60 watts but no cd input. At least try the cube 30, you might be surprised.

Denis

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

I have a Marshall MG30DFX, it does clean well, but I'm not a big fan of the built-in distortion... there's no way to really ease it in and get a slightly dirty tone without it taking over the amp. If you love metal, you're in great shape, but if you're not, you might want to consider using your pedals :P

However, i'm probably going to be looking at some different amps tomorrow, and after hearing such words of praise here, the Vox and Roland 30-watts are going to be in consideration (I want to stay around the same, i'm just looking for smaller / lighter, even better clean tones, and a more flexible amount of distortion, or any of those 3 in combination).

*UPDATE*
Had some fun at the local Mega-Corpo-Guitar-n-Amp-Shop today.

The aforementioned Vox AD30VT amp is just. plain. sick.
(I guess I must've gotten used to the limititations of having a Marshall "practice amp" and trying to use it as an actual amp...)

So many different tones, and a solid amount of effects going, too. Amp has some great clean tone, good god it's got gain, and even better amp emulations.

I also tried an American Deluxe HSS Strat. Very nice. Gorgeous, nice sounding pickups (could use a better humbucker, but I believe that's where I'd have to come in anyway), and I didn't do much monkeying with the touted S-1 system (nor do I know how to really maniuplate tone yet - I'm still in the learning phase!)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

Just bought my son a Line 6 spider 30 its awesome.Loads of built in effects (that actually sound good) unlimited number of different tones from clean through to metal) it does everything you could want from a practice amp.Probably loud enough for a small gig.check em out.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Why don't you try out the Fender FM212R? It's a 100W amp and has two 12" speakers with 3 channels and a foot switch, and reverb

ReplyQuote