Clear all

Anybody have any info about...

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@captain-kalooba)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm looking for any info about an old acoustic guitar. I think it is a Picador. I bought the guitar at a pawn shop when I was about 5 or 6. It looks like a rather old guitar but it still plays great. Any info I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. - Jim Morrison

(@alangreen)

I did a quick Hotbot search (a bit nerdy but better than Google IMHO), and it brought up some information about people still using them but nothing on the brand itself

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

They're made by Sigma. But, that's all I know.......

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i can't believe my response was deleted. i thought it was pretty funny for 5 am.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Maybe it was too funny for 5 am. I wasn't up.

Do you have pics of the Picador? See if you can match up some piece of grain from the inside back to the outside. Check to see if the top is solid. Get a mirror and look at the bracing inside. Does the bracing radiate from the center or is it parallel like a ladder?

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

i can't believe my response was deleted. i thought it was pretty funny for 5 am.

That would be me...

Funny's okay, but always add something helpful after you're done being funny. Otherwise you could come across as someone who simply wants to pad his post count.

And if someone's relatively new to the boards, it might conceivably come across as somewhat less than funny. After all, you're new to the boards and you've posted a question and you see you've got a response and...

Well, it would make me think twice about how helpful a place might be...

Peace

ReplyQuote