audiocity

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I use to have this multi track recording program but now i cant find it on the net. COuld some one hook me up with a link?

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Click this! :P

That plus more are in the freebies section that Nick neatly put together for us.

ReplyQuote
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thankya kindly sir! :D

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Speaking of Audacity, I just started fooling around with it this weekend (hopefully posting something in the Hear Here section this week...) but I was getting a lot of background fuzz when recording my actoustic. I tried using the noise removal effect, but with a very undesirable result of making all my notes sound like they were synthesised.

I haven't tried the noise gate yet, which I think will work for the times I'm not playing, but I think when I am playing the buzzing will come back. Any tips?

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Yeah, you can't use the noise removal very much. It tends to suck tone. If you do use it you've gotta be really light in applying it.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Undercat, how are you doing the recording? Are you using the mic in the PC, a separate mic or direct connect. I use a separate mic either about a foot away from the amp for the electric or 2 foot from the acoustic. I also keep the PC as far away from the guitar as possible.

Originally I was getting a lot of background noise until I turned the microphone down to less than 50%.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member

I experienced a simple problem. I thought it was just my mic first, the nosie removal feature also did not work, perhaps you need to set the program's definition of noise a way in which I did not (which was recording the mic without playing anything for a couple of seconds.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

There's really no way to remove noise and get a natural sound. To get a good final product you need a good source recording. That means you need to be as far from things like computer fans a possible. A quality mic will do a lot as well; worlds better than the one that comes with your computer.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Most of this I know, but I don't have access to a really decent mic right now. That'll be next on my list of gear...

Really just wanted to know if there was a decent way to use the noise removal, and it was as I suspected...

Appreciate all the responses guys.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote