so which one will it be:
either
A: Ovation Apllause acoustic/electric for $289.99
or
B: Fender Stratocaster w/amp and pics and such for $249.99

happiness is a warm poppy

(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Would that be Fender or Squier? There is a difference.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

Probably so. I saw the Squier kit with an upgraded amp a few days ago for 279.99

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I think you should first decide to go with either a strat or E/A, and then think about brand and model.

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

I agree with Arjen. You're kind of comparing apples and oranges. make the acoustic or electric decision first.

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote
(@epiphoneisgibson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i'm leaning towards acoustic..but then if i think acoustic then i have to factor in the martin 12 string i want...so i guess it's out of those two now...hmm i already have a reliable acoustic..i dunno i'm not really sure what to pick

ReplyQuote
(@catalina3899)
Estimable Member

Epiphoneisgibson

If you choose the accustic You could get a soundhole pickup. As Musenfreund said "If you're not satisfied with the sound, you're not out a lot of money" That's just what I did with my Seagull, and then ran it through my Line 6 120 w Spider2 2/10s amp. (not an accoustic amp, I prefere electric, and some very interesting sounds).

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

For that price, you can get a regular Ovation Celeberty as opposed to an Appluause. Look them up on Music 123 or Musican's Freind.

Im guessing that Strat is a Squire? Becuase 250 is awfully cheap for a Strat.

As an owner of a Strat and an Ovation Celeb, I have to say the Ovation is an amazing value.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@epiphoneisgibson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

my friends told me that the wood cracks when exposed to cold weather because the body is plastic or something i don't really know...any info on that?

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

The wood and polymer is connected well, I've never heard of a problem, I don't own one, but I know plenty who own Ovations, balladeers and celbrities, and they are really great, I wouldn't go with a Squier, but a Standard Strat is okay

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I think if you go with the strat, save a bit more money and get a real strat for about $350 U.S. You won't be sorry 8) 8) -the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I think if you go with the strat, save a bit more money and get a real strat for about $350 U.S. You won't be sorry 8) 8) -the dog

Well, you'll be sorry you didn't get a Les Paul :lol:

But yeah, getting an actual Fender Strat is such a huge step up, and for relatively little money. You really should hit the used market hard. When the money's down, the used market can really be your ticket to getting the goods.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote