Skip to content
Axemas is comming u...

Notifications
Clear all

Axemas is comming up...what are you asking for?

30 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I like how you call it axemas.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member

I'm just gonna ask cash, to save up for a 12-string.. No way anyone will buy me one :(

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

From the fam, I'm going to ask for a Gretsch White Falcon, a '61 Gibson SG reissue, a Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster, a Fender FM212r amp, a Marshall MG100DFX, miscellaneous effects pedals, an Epiphone Wildkat (turquoise!), a box of Elixirs in various gauges, a case for my Oe30, and guitar lesson software.

I'll probably get the strings, case, and software. Maybe, just MAYBE I'll get the Wildkat, but it's cool if I don't. I'll probably buy one for myself before Xmas anyway.

From the GF I am not going to ask for anything. She is a great gift-getter, so she'll probably buy stuff that she wears but is really for ME, which rules! I'll let her surprise me.

did your family strike it rich during the gold rush? That is the most expensive, greatest wishlsit I've ever seen. But is that somehting that youd definetly get this christmas? For me, I'm, lucky if my parents remember that they have a son, but buy him a guitar? lol :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

1. Cash to continue taking lessons
2. Small tube amp (probably an Epi Valve Jr. or the new Vox hybrid)
3. Danelectro Fab Overdrive pedal to go with the tube amp
4. Strings
5. A slide

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Last year I bought myself a RG and a Line-6 amp. Battleaxe got me a Bose cd/radio thing, and I bought an Epi earlier this year. Add to it a GDec she got me this Spring and the SX she told me to go ahead and get, I think I will ask for nothing.

BUT, for the sake of this thread, I think one of those multi-effects board with the little tube in it would be cool.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I think I might be another one that got his axemas gift worth for the 2 axemas's. But I would really like an acoustic guitar, or there was a really nice white Ibanez RG I saw over the summer, or ice blue Ibanez S.

Never too early to be thinkin' about axemas.

:)

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

I think I'm gonna ask for some lessons so maybe I can play better.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I'll be lucky to get my Musician's Friend catalog by Christmas! :cry:

tru dat, my wife throws it in the trash, i'm lucky to shop online :cry:

I'm a very tolerant and progressive man, BUTT throwing my MF catalog in the trash would cause some problems :twisted: :lol: :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

The Jazz Theory Book by Mark Levine and
The Jazz Piano Book also by Mark Levine.

Looks awesome.

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

what style of music are you hoping to learn/get better at?

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Ashdown Acoustic Radiator 1 amp.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

I have always been into rock/classic rock and heavy metal. But I find myself really loving the blues/blues rock more than I ever have in the past.

As far as lessons? I'm not sure I really care what direction they take me as I feel they would just help me overall become a better player. Does that make any sense?

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

did your parentske it rich during the gold rush? That is the most expensive, greatest wishlsit I've ever seen. But is that somehting that youd definetly get this christmas? For me, I'm, lucky if my parents remember that they have a son, but buy him a guitar? lol :lol:

Ha ha! No, not even. But if you don't ask, you don't receive.

One of my friends once asked my GF why she is with me--I'm not a leper, but she IS very attractive, and she answered, "Because he asked me out."

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

My wishlist includes an -

Epi LP 100 lefty electric guitar.

I am very sure i will get this one if i get good (i top in the exam :oops: ) next year :P

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Hmm, most likely one of the following:

A cheap Bass Guitar and an amp
Mandolin
Trumpet (I used to play back in grade 6 and 7)
12-string acoustic
6-string acoustic
New amp

If I got them all, I would simply cry :lol:

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2