Clear all

Big time GAS this morning...

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lue42)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Local online classifies this morning... the seller does not know what it is, other than being Japanese. I don't know what it is... but it is so cool! (In a very different, and strange looking way). Wants $150 with the case.

My wife would kill me.

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

probably related to Teisco in some way -- has lots of the same parts: trem, truss rod adj, pups, zero fret. Voxy: a real Brian Jones-type axe. :wink:

I'd bite!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

The body is that of a Teisco EV3T. The neck seems to have been replaced at some point.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The body is a copy of the old Vox Phantom guitars, but the neck looks very Telecaster-like

http://www.phantomguitars.com/phantom.html

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I say more "inspired" than a real copy of the Vox, as the body shape is not very accurate. I like the Vox asymmetry more. the neck could well be a Teisco too, as TDR had a habit of playing mix'n'match with parts.

but all that is of no matter, as ya canna beat Teisco for trashy cool!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@whoelse)
Estimable Member

The old Teisco I have has an identical neck and "Tele-inspired" headstock.

I was given the goofy looking (and sounding) old guitar by a friend that was moving to Australia, since he had to discard everything that wasn't essential. He said an Uncle gave it to him long ago. I intended to ask him more about it when he came to visit a couple of summers ago but got busy just catching up. Then before we got together again, he got smeared by a car while bicycling around his old hometown. Ironic, travels the world and gets killed when he comes home to visit. :cry:

Now the Teisco hangs on my wall as a reminder of an old friend. Miss ya Dan!

Sorry to hijack the thread, just that sometimes old guitars have stories behind them.

Dave "Who" Else

ReplyQuote
(@whoelse)
Estimable Member

Here's another Teisco with an odd body style. Looks like its in good condition for a good price.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/1476153080.html

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Teisco put some pretty nifty aluminum pickguards on many of its guitars. they almost seem to outclass the rest of the guitar. my brother once had a Silvertone-branded red Teisco with an Al pickguard that was striped matte and shiny. the effect was tres cool.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote