Clear all

Bridge in Queen's 39

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@number6)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've been working at this song for a while and I've almost got it done. I just can't figure out what the second chord in the bridge segment (the one with all the 'ahhhhhhhs' halfway through the song, right after he starts singing) is (It goes Eb ??? Cm). I've looked on the internet and checked a video on youtube, but haven't found anything that tells me what's going on here. The video just left out the change. I'd appreciate any help

The hunger site. Click once a day to give free food.

(@guitarist319)

It MUST be in here somewhere....

http://www.tabrobot.com/cgi-bin/tsearch.pl?terms=39&mode=name

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

It's been ages since I've heard this and I can't even remember it having a bridge, just verses and a chorus.

But I'll take a stab and guess that you're referring to the last part of the bridge. In teh verse verse, that's where the lyrics go
...and the night followed day and the story tellers say...

Depends on which key you learned the song in. I know it in A (usually play it in G with capo on the second fret) and there it goes like this:

...and the (E) night followed day and the (Bdim7) story tellers say...

May be totally off here, but usually diminished chords give listeners a bit of trouble so it's an educated guess at best. In case you need fingering, Bdim7 is XX0101 and it also could be called Ddim7, G#dim7 or Fdim7. Calling it any of the first three (B, D or G#) makes the most sense if you're playing in the key of A.

Anyway, hope it helps...

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@number6)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

It MUST be in here somewhere....

http://www.tabrobot.com/cgi-bin/tsearch.pl?terms=39&mode=name

I checked a good number of those, and it's all the same tab that doesn't include it.
It's been ages since I've heard this and I can't even remember it having a bridge, just verses and a chorus.

But I'll take a stab and guess that you're referring to the last part of the bridge. In teh verse verse, that's where the lyrics go
...and the night followed day and the story tellers say...

Actually, I'm asking about the part between
For the day Ill take your hand
In the land that our grand-children knew
and

in the year of thirty-nine
Came a ship from the blue

right in the middle of the song. I think what's going on here is some stuff with two guitars, so I'm just sticking to the Eb chord and not playing anything else.

Thanks anyways

The hunger site. Click once a day to give free food.

ReplyQuote